Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
I upgraded a new laptop to Windows 8 Pro which it came with, but the HP Client Security Manager is not there. So I downloaded from HP and it was unable to install. Got an error code "1001" if not mistaken. What could be the cause?
HP Recommended

Hi calvincys,

Since you have windows 8 pro and not windows 8.1 pro installed you may have tried to install  'HP client security manager' which is for windows 8.1 pro, not for use with windows 8 pro.

Go to HP support, type in your Laptop's info, click on support/drivers and update all your drivers and install the correct version of HP 'Protect Tools Security Manager'  It is important to be sure you are installing the correct drivers/programs for the OS that you are running on your laptop also whether it is for 32 or 64bit.

If I were you, I would also go to Microsoft update and install Windows 8.1 pro (it is a free upgrade to current Windows 8 pro) best to do a 'clean install', then be sure to run HP driver updates and also Microsoft update.  Windows 8.1 pro is so much better than Windows 8 pro. 

Be sure to check the KUDO'S to the left of this message.

HP Recommended
Hi Vince, I did a clean install of Windows 8 Pro on the laptop. I used the given driver disc to install all the drivers and software too. Somehow it does not install the Client Security Manager. I went to HP website and key in my laptop info and download the version according to my OS version. But it failed to finish the installation.
HP Recommended

Hi calvincys,

Client Security Manager is not for your laptop, it is for Windows 8.1 pro.

The drivers on your Disc are now all antiquated, it is important to update all drivers from both HP Support and also Microsoft Update.

When installing 'HP Protect Tools' you must install correctly.

Do this:   In this order: uninstall:   (if these are on your laptop)- not all laptops have all of these)

First:  Face Recognition Driver 

Second:  HP Protect Tools 

Third:  Validity Fingerprint

Fouth:  Device Access Manager

Fifth:  HP File Sanitizer

Restart laptop:

Go to HP Support site and any of the above that were on your laptop download and 'save to your desktop'

When you've downloaded these new drivers it is IMPORTANT to install in this order:

First:   install  HP Protect Tools    (must be installed before installing the others.

Second:   Device Access Manager

Third:  Validity Fingerprint  (only if your laptop came with this)

Fourth:  Face Recognition  (again only if your laptop came with this)

Fifth:  File Sanitizer  (if you want this, I don't use this myself)

Now restart.

HP Recommended
Hi Vince,

Is the Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver the one that you mentioned same? I search on the HP website for my laptop software, it did not show Face Recognition Driver. So it means my laptop does not have it?

HP Protect Tools is the software that enable to use the fingerprint sensor?
HP Recommended

Hi calvincys,

I don't under stand your questions,

Jiust follow the uninstall and install procedures I outlined above, and if your laptop didn't come with any of the programs/drivers I listed just uninstall and install what pertains to your laptop, in the order shown.

What you are trying to do is install 'Hp Protect Tools' and this is how you do it.

You can check your manual and/or the 'spec' sheet for your laptop and it will list what is on your laptop. 

HP Recommended

Hi Vince, thanks for your help anyway. I think i got it installed and the fingerprint scanner working fine now.

HP Recommended

did not fix. still cannot install HP client secuirty manager for 8.1 on my Zbook 17

HP Recommended

Downlaod sp64399.exe and then run it. Cancel installation when you see Install wizard for HP Client Security Manager. Go to c:\swsetp\sp64399 you will see two folder and one setup.exe go ahead and run setup.exe

HP Recommended

that link does not work.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.