Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Thank you very much! :generic:

HP Recommended

Hi there, 

Been having the same problem myself, it self fixes after a Factory Restore (sometimes it won't let me load that, but occasionally it does). I Installed a new copy of Windows 7 and it has fixed again but not sure if this is temporary or not. 

Did you ever fix this? If so how, please give suggestions so I can try to fix mine. 

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, I've been getting this 3FO error ever since I installed Win 8 on my HP Touchsmart Tx2z with a recently installed Crucial ssd. The ssd was giving no problems at all on Win 7 HP, now however with dual boot Win 7/ Win 8 it's happened 5 times, I was blaming Win 8 until I found this thread. How do I solve it? I keep pushing the power button till it goes, reboot until eventually it straightens itself out , sometimes I do a repair from the Win 7 DVD.  Sometimes running sfc /SCANNOW finds corruption on the hard drive, sometimes it doesn't. It was traumatic the first time but now it's less of a big deal. I have no idea why this machine still works or why it acts up, cosmic rays maybe.  One thing I've been doing is avoiding restarts, sleep, or hibernation while in Win 8 (just shut downs) and having Win 7 as default boot. Does that make a difference? Who knows it seems to be lessening in frequency maybe something in the machine or the OS is "adapting". Tempermental this thing is. I was surprised to see this was still going on in newer HP laptops, this one was made back in 2009.

HP Recommended

i got a hp slimline s5-1114 and i got this problem wont let me use bios or system resore help please

HP Recommended

HP's troubleshooting guide to this problem is here ;http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371.

This part worked for me when I couldn't anything at all on my screen, from HP's site,

DO THIS FIRST - Perform a hard reset
If a PC suddenly fails to boot properly, you should perform a hard reset as the first action. Performing the hard reset will correct many problems. If the computer still does not start properly, select your symptom from the list below to guide you to the recommended corrective actions.
  1. Disconnect all peripheral devices and remove all USB devices and SD media cards. You want to test the computer not the accessories!
  2. Disconnect the AC power adapter, remove the battery, and then press and hold the power button for at least 15 seconds to drain all residual power and restore default startup settings.
  3. Reconnect the AC power adapter (but do not insert the battery), Press the Power button, Look for glowing LEDs near caps lock and num lock keys, and Listen for sounds of a fan or other moving parts turning.

It takes a couple tries sometimes to get the fan moving, it can be very faint or hard to hear. If you can get that you have a fighting chance, keep rebooting till you get it back.

Good Luck!

HP Recommended

Am vignesh, for me also the same problem. what i want to do?. i checked the harddisk it's passed... what is the problem?...   plz help me.

HP Recommended

Hello viki89.  I understand you're also getting the 3F0 error during boot.

So, you've run the hard drive diagnostic from the BIOS which passed and you're still getting the error?  Did you run the short test, the comprehensive test, or both?

It is probably a good idea to try the hard reset which Nishaat-HP listed above.  Here are the instructions again.  Let me know if this helps.

1. Ensure the notebook is powered off.
  2. Remove the battery and AC power.
  3. Press and hold the power button for 15-20 seconds.  
  4. Replace the battery and AC power. 
  5. Attempt to boot the notebook.

If you're still unable to boot into Windows you will need to have the notebook looked at by a technician.  Normally you can take the notebook to a local computer repair store and they'll diagnose the issue for you.  If the notebook is out of warranty I suggest doing this.  If the notebook is in warranty (check here) I suggest contacting HP Support.  If you're in the US/Canada the number is 1-800-474-6836.  If you're in another part of the world you'll need to visit HP Support Worldwide to get your region's contact information.

Let me know the result of the hard reset; I will keep an eye out for your reply.  I hope you have a great day!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended
What if your computer says it has no hard disk but it does? What do you do replace it or what?
HP Recommended

Hello Hoc_07,

I understand you state that your computer tells you that there is no hard disk inserted, is that correct? I will try to assist you with this issue.

There are things that we can try first, and it does not necessarily mean it has to be replaced. Before we get started, I would like to get the full make and model of the computer you are using. If you are unsure where to locate that information, have a look at this document for further assistance.  

If I have been helpful or if you would like to say thank you for me trying to help, click the white star under my name to give me Kudos. I really appreciate it.

Please respond when you get a chance.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended

I gey the same error 3f0 and the hard drive is not listed in the bios. however if i take the hard drive out and put it in another hp i have it boots.

?????????????

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.