Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
How do I turn off the unnecessary, battery draining, logo light on the lid of the Pavilion dv7?
19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended
Press F10 when you see the HP logo when the notebook is first powered on, then you'll enter the BIOS and have the ability to disable it.
HP Recommended

There is not setting for it in the BIOS.

HP should be stripped of the "Energy Star" rating on the dv7 for this reason alone.

HP Recommended

Please how to turn ON logo light on Pavilion dv7? I have a new laptop Pavilion dv7 just two days and HP logo light on the back of the screen doesn't shine. What's wrong? Thank's for answers 😉

HP Recommended

For the HDX16, there is no BIOS option for turning the logo light off; though there should be. The logo light is a goofy design choice on an EnergyStar product.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my dv6-1340ed. Does anyone has already a sollution on how the turn off the backlight logo?

HP Recommended

I have an HP DV4-1225dx and I, too, would like to disable the lit HP logo as well as dim or turn off the media center lights. It is very annoying. If I could, I would scratch out the HP logo and create a defiled version for insisting on a lit logo. Then I could market my own brand of crap. I've had nothing but problems with this laptop. Over heating was just teh beginning.

Despite HP's recommendations of cleaning the vents (which I do on a regular basis - at least every couple of months - not only on my laptops but my desktop CPU fans and heat sinks and power supplies) the **bleep** thing gets super hot. If it weren't for a cooling pad, this thing would be toast long ago.

HP Recommended

HP Recommended

Additionally,

I purchased a dv6 in November 2009 and the HP logo light is literally burning a mark into my LCD screen! It is DEFINITELY NOT THE BACKLIGHT OF THE SCREEN.

It is a hilariously annoying design flaw. Not buying an HP again.

HP Recommended

i have the same problem in my dv6-6155tx

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.