Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, this is a simple question, yet I can't figure it out.  Should it be in my Devices and Printers?  Help!  I need to record some videos. 🙂

139 REPLIES 139
HP Recommended

On mine it's -  control panel, hardware and sound, devices and printers, device manager, imaging devices, HP web cam. Open that for control on/off

HP Recommended

Thank you!  Ok, now how do I use it?  I can't seem to open it to record something.

HP Recommended

I have never used mine but I tried with Windows movie maker. There is a webcam symbol at the top. When I click it, it appears it can't find the camera. Try that, and maybe you'll better luck. I also tried HP mediasmart video. Webcam listed at bottom of page. Clicked it with no luck. Glad I don't need the cam.

I'll fool around with it later.

HP Recommended

It works!  Thank you!

HP Recommended

Now you can fix mine.:smileyhappy:

HP Recommended

My laptop (Pavillion dv7-4190us) no longer recognizes that it has a webcam. When I go through MediaSmart, it says there is no webcam and I need to plug one in. It has an internal webcam ~ any suggestions on how to fix it?

HP Recommended

Well, I ran a BIOS update, and updated my Adobe and Shockwave (don't know if those two made a difference, it automatically came up to update them after the BIOS update ran). I pulled up MediaSmart after the BiOS update and I have a webcam again ~ yay!!!

HP Recommended

Where do i find the BIOS update?

HP Recommended
click Start then search youcam.thats the name of the webcam
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.