Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Pavilion dv7 Model # LW176UA#ABA and it appears I have Intel® Centrino® Wireless Bluetooth® 3.0 + High Speed Devices in my hardware section, but I can not seem to find out where to turn it on?  Do I need to install something first?  Does this laptop even have bluetooth?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

"Click Start , enter hp wireless in the search field, and then select HP Wireless Assistant from the list. The HP Wireless Assistant opens. The Wireless devices that are installed on your computer display."

This HP document has a nice explanation on how to enable, pair and configure your bluetooth device. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended
Tried that. No Bluetooth icon shows. Any other ideas?
HP Recommended

Install the Intel Bluetooth 3.0 HS Enabler. This version is for Windows 7 32 and 64-bit.

Here is a link to the web suport portal for your dv7-6123cl notebook

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Did you EVER get a response?

I'm thinking of installing Blue Soleil bluetooth device, but I certainly don't want to overwrite an HP internally provided bluetooth capability

HP Recommended

How to bluetooth on or off my pa windows 8

HP Recommended
How to me on or off bluetooth in my PC windows 8
HP Recommended

Hi Sandeshkambli68,

I understand you need to turn on your Bluetooth on the Hp Pavilion Dv7.

I would be happy to assist if needed. Please let me know what is your model number?

Here is a link that will help you find that out.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

You could try to enable the Bluetooth by following these instructions.

click on Windows key-type Settings, and then Change PC settings.
click PC and devices, and click Bluetooth.
Turn Bluetooth on.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

How do I turn on bluetooth in my HP dv7 Notebook PC?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.