Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

How do I turn on my integrated webcam?  I have an hp an I have the cyberlink youcam program.  When I open the program an error message pops up that says the following: "No webcam detected.  Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now.  If you are using an integrated camera make sure that it is turned on."  I have been searching for a way to turn it on and have not come accross it.

79 REPLIES 79
HP Recommended

Hi,

you may need to change the settiings and select integrated webcam as capture device.

1. In YouCam, click the Configure icon .
  2. Select USB Video Device from the Capture Device drop-down list.
    If no webcam capture device is listed, go to Verify the webcam hardware is recognized in Device Manager task.
  3. You can also select the Capture quality and Video size .
  4. Select OK to accept the selection. Exit and restart the YouCam application to view an image

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01414839

hope it helps

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

What happens if you are unable to click the configure button when youcam is open?

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem with my hp envy

HP Recommended

Hi,

You may need to select webcam from the drop down list. this list has options if you have multiple capture devices so that each device settings can be changed.

Regards,
WW
“I am an HP Employee“
***** Click the KUDOS star on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem***
HP Recommended

I tried doing this on my CyberLink Youcam But the configure button is a light grey color and it wont let me click on it and i dont know what to do! I've tried almost everything, downloading and on Yahoo! Answers but nothing seems to be working. My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv7-6b55dx. :indifferent:

HP Recommended

Just came back from Costco with an HP Pavilion dv7-6c23cl Entertainment laptop...same issue with web cam...not recognized.

Found other information that the web cam may not be connected:
Re: Brand new Pavilion dv7, HP TrueVision HD webcam not detected
Options

03-06-2012 02:07 AM

Go to this site to learn how to remove the bevel and the screen http://www.insidemylaptop.com/remove-lcd-screen-inverter-board-hp-pavilion-dv7-notebook/

And then go here: http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/Brand-new-Pavilion-dv7-HP-TrueVision-HD-webc...

and follow the picture posted by Bastiaan. If you follow that and connect the white wire into the black thing above it, it will work. Once you hear it click in, your webcam should pop up under imaging devices and you can use it :generic:

Good luck!

HP Recommended

Hello! Ive been having the same problems with my laptop and its webcam! Did you ever fix it?

HP Recommended

how can i turn on my webcam ? every time i enter the (CyberLink You Cam) program it show me this message (no video device detected .please plug a video device into your computer . if you are using an integrated camera pleas make sure it's turned on)
i have a compaq laptop persario CQ60 and my webcam used to work properly please help 🙂

HP Recommended

My integrated webcam has stopped working. I have a HP Pavillion dm3. When I attempted to open my webcam, it stated that " Webcam not detected. Try plugging in a webcam into your computer now. If you are using an integrated webcam, make sure that it is turned on" However, i do not know where to go to test it, or even check to see if it is on... Also where can i go to see if I need to update my webcam? HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.