cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
kward4102
1 1 0 0
Message 71 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

How do I turn on my integrated webcam?

I literally tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem- installed, uninstalled, spent hours on the phone, restored my system and nothing worked! Finally I tried removing the bezel (I have a hp 2000 notebook). I slid my fingernail across the top and it came undone easily. there was a white connector that had come undone (mine had a thin strip of black electrical tape over it) and i snapped it back into place and it was fixed!!

0 Kudos
Steff6145
2 2 0 0
Message 72 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is the little white connector.... I found it still disconnects easily every few days I have to take the cover around my screen of and slide it into place... im not sure if I could put super glue or if that would ruin it so I have just continued to fix it constantly.

0 Kudos
Écossaise
1 1 0 0
Message 73 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Looks like the same problem for me as everyone else here. I use my webcam almost every day for Skype/Gchat and it has suddenly disappeared from my devices. Is there a common solution you can publish on your website as it seems thousands of people are all having the same problem?

Product: Pavilion dv6

Product number: A2T47EA#ABU

0 Kudos
armenjs
1 1 0 0
Message 74 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello all

HP Envy23 all in one. windows 8.1

Youcam ver=3.5.4.5822 de

Using Skype works fine.

Youcam not working same issue as others stated. Please advice.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
The_Gentleman
1 1 0 1
Message 75 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HEY EVERYONE REALLY NEEDS TO READ THIS... OTHER PEOPLE WEREN'T LYING. THERE IS MORE THAN LIKELY A LOOSE CONNECTION IN YOUR CAM... I USED MY FINGERNAIL AND A SMALL SCREW DRIVER ON THE OUTSIDE OF THE SCREEN (PLASTIC PART) SLID IT ALL THE WAY ALONG TO TOP (WHILE UNLOCKING LITTLE PLASTIC SNAP LOCKS)

***NOTE BE VERY CAREFUL THE PLASTIC IS SUPER THIN

THEN I SAW THE MAGICAL WHITE CONNECTOR. (ITS THE SIZE OF A CHILDS PINKY NAIL) RIGHT NEW TO THE CAMERA.

I PUSHED IT UP AND BAM!! (CPU BEEP LIKE A DEVICE CONNECTING) CAM ONLINE AND READY TO GO!!

IT TOOK ABOUT 1 1/2 MINS.

JUST BE CAREFUL THAT PLASTIC IS THIN

ALSO SOME CPUS ARE DIFF AND REQUIRE SCREWS BUT THE DV7000 AND A FEW OTHERS DONT.

FlyingMantis
1 1 0 0
Message 76 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Can Not turn on my Web Cam, not working

0 Kudos
AaronAlex
1 1 0 0
Message 77 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Accept as Solution

Specifically, the instructions mentioned under section "Webcam is not listed in Device Manager (Windows 7)"

0 Kudos
patty27
1 1 0 0
Message 78 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I can turn on my integrated camera

0 Kudos
pal10
1 1 0 0
Message 79 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This concerns windows 8.1

0 Kudos
charlesnr53
1 1 0 0
Message 80 of 80
Flag Post
HP Recommended

how do i turn on my youcam on my lap top. it is an   compaq = presorio cq57. i can't find anywere to turn it on....ty.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation