Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

OMG I am beyond useless and hating this computer so far.

Can someone please tell me how you face the camera forward to a webcam like setup?

Thanks heaps.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I understand you want to switch between the front and rear cameras.

This is going to largely depend on what application you are using.  The default camera app in Windows 8 has a button to switch between the two cameras located at the bottom of the app.  

What program are you using?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

This is going to largely depend on what application you are using.  The default camera app in Windows 8 has a button to switch between the two cameras located at the bottom of the app.  

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hey, yeh worked it out - like you said, it was the settings in page/app I was using! Google plus hangouts. 

Thanks so much for your help, I really suck using this freaking thing. 

@Cloud_Strider wrote:

HP Recommended

I'm glad you got it worked out.  Windows 8 is a new operating system, so I'm certain you are not alone in this.  

Thanks for updating the community.  🙂

Signature
HP Recommended

Windows 8 is new but I also have never had a tablet before! :indifferent:

Should have seen me trying to pull the screen/tablet off! 

I googled this and searched the computer before I posted here, its like no one else on the planet has this computer yet (or im the ONLY one who cant use it haha).

Is there somewhere else I can look for info? Bound to have something else I cant do soon! lol

Thanks heaps for your help.

HP Recommended

This guide is a Windows 8 guide that HP put together.  It might have an answer to a question you might have.  This site may be easier to use.

Signature
HP Recommended
I am using a website on my PC called extasycams.com .. the application does not have an option to switch between front and rear cams and it is fixed on using the rear cam which is next to useless. If I can disable the rear cam in Control Panel won't it default to front cam? Only trouble is I can't locate either of the cams in the list of devices with Device Manager.
HP Recommended

Hello kgolfer3. To answer your question, there are not separate entries in Device Manager for the front and rear. If there is an option to disable the rear in Control Panel, as opposed to Device Manager, then it should default to the front.

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.