Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
2560p
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Hi there

In order to install all the necessary drivers for 2560p I followed the guide  http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/hp-elitebook-2560p-owners-lounge.586353/page-32#post-1020091... and everything works just fine!
Palaryel "I spent a couple of days installing various Windows 10 drivers for all the hardware included in my Elitebook 2560p, eventually got it all working properly. So in order to prevent others from wasting time searching for drivers, here is a list of all the stuff needed. Just search google for SPXXXX.exe (XXXX = number from below). Not all of the below are officially listed as 2560p drivers, but they are what I'm running and theyre working perfectly. Provided links for non-HP stuff as well.

HP 3D DriveGuard SP - SP64144
HP Hotkey Support - SP68201
HP Support Assistant 7 - SP68201
HP Support Assistant 8 - SP74103
HP Universal Camera Driver - SP63913
IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver - SP59291
Intel 82579LM and 82579V Gigabit Ethernet Driver - SP63881
Intel Chipset Installation Utility - SP53918
Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver - SP64098
Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver - SP63947
JMicron Media Card Reader Driver - SP64135

Sierra un2430 Mobile Broadband - SP63218 (install this 1st) & SP63221 (install over 63218)
Software for sending receiving SMS/MMS and USSD codes from Windows 10 (works flawlessly with un2430 broadband module, if you have Ericsson hs2340 module USSD might not work):

Validity Fingerpring Sensor info:
This one is a bit trickier, eventually managed to get it working properly on Win10.
0. If you had any other Validity drivers (or biometric sensor drivers at all) installed, uninstall them 1st and reboot
1. Install Dell's Validity495_Win8.1_Fingerprint_Setup_A00_ZPE.exe (http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/Drivers/DriversDetails?driverId=4JR6M)
2. Unpack (dont install!) Validity Fingerprint Sensor Driver SP58900
3. Go to Device manager, select sensor and manually install (let me pick device to install -> have disk) driver from (default unpack location) C:\Swsetup\SP58900\Drivers\WBF_003c_DRVSP58900
4. Reboot again
After this Windows Hello and fingerprint login will work normally."
2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip.  I am sure someone else is going to try this after you provided the means.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Usually one would first update the chipset driver with the helf of Intel update tool or in case this does not work, one would try windows 8.1 drivers. So did I, but finally according to the device manager some devices still were not working, so I removed the existing drivers and replaced them by this sequence and it worked.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.