Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8560w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Good morning. I have a 8560w win with 7-64. How can I adjust the brightness of the display? The fn + f9 and fn + F10 keys do not work.
Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

@visruth wrote:

Download, save and install this: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-elitebook-8560w-mobile-workstation/507...

Restart system.

Have you already installed graphic driver?
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitebook-8560w-mobile-workstation/5071171

Good morning,

I've already installed the file that you have shown me.

After installation, pressing the fn + f9 and fn + 10, a brightness bar appears and moves but the brightness it remains the same. It does not work either adjusting the brightness by moving the horizontal slider at the bottom of energy saving options window of Windows 7.
I tried with Windows 8.1 and I can only adjust brightness with the vertical adjustment slider that appears to the right of the desktop.
I tried with Windows 10 but I get the same Windows 7 bad results.
In all cases, I installed the latest graphics driver available on the Nvidia site.

In all cases, operating systems are genuine.

HP Recommended

Try the graphic driver from HP website after completely uninstalling the one downloaded from NVIDIA website, via Device Manager

There are few versions available. Try each.

Since no one here is working for HP and are just volunteers like you, we can just give you suggestions to work on.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.