Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

hi zdoe,

i have hp DV4 1241tx. i downloaded the zip folder containing drivers. i dont know which is to install, whether should i install uniformly.

i cant get audio driver. firstly in device manager i cant find audio driver in OTHERS icon.

i made the winXP pro SP2 with nLite. but it became Win Xp only. my HDD are detected as a removable drivers in the tray. should i select WinXP SP3.

i installed chipset, Nvidia VGA, Bluetooth, Wifi, LAN.

i need AUDIO. I really upset please help me.

Regards,

Evan

HP Recommended

don't worry about SP 1 2 3 now - just install the drivers. you can do the service packs later - besides improvements in them are not that significant.

if you got it to boot you're over the hump. all the audio drivers ARE in the .rar distrib package. one is nvidia, the other IDT. but you really don't need to care, just install everything - if it's not right it won't install but it won't hurt you either. maybe you're not running the start_audio.bat... for whatever reason you have to use that to force the system to see the IDT components.

let me know if you get your ir-remote working - mine's still not.

HP Recommended
Do these drivers work on dv5 1041et ????
HP Recommended

hi, thanks for responsing me.

i installed what u told me, nvidia installed, one idt says error, another one says cant find the driver. 

pls tell me step by step about start_audio.bat. how to install or paste somewhere. i read answertome thread. i cant understand what he says.

pls help me. i screwed up

regards,

evan

HP Recommended

do you have devconn dowloaded / installed? don't recall if that was on my package. if not, follow answertome's link.

place both devconn and start_audio.bat to:

c:\windows\

create a shortcut for start_audio.bat. place the shortcut to "all users" account's startup folder. if you don't know where it is, use the file search functions to search for a directory named startup and then choose the path that seems likeliest. typically it'll be c:\documents and settings\all users\start menu\programs\startup

i think you have to have ran start_audio batch BEFORE trying to install the drivers - otherwise the installation program won't find your hardware and will not work or will abort with errors.

i think there was two ITD audio drivers in my package - if i remember right, it's the mediafire -sourced one that worked for me.

HP Recommended
80/20 yes. but i haven't tried it. also - this whole thread is intel-focused - if you have an AMD processor some things you'll need will differ. there's a good thread on notbookreviews.com about getting xp on on a dv5t - apart from this thread that's the best one for dv4t as well.
HP Recommended

Hi, Model No DV4-1241tx

i tried those idt audio, but its not working. i dont know what to do. i installed manually also.

i formatted twice and tried. No fruitful results.

pls help me friend. 

HP Recommended

you already got all the instructions there can be without actually doing it for you.

just make sure that the devconn has succesfully completed before attempting the IDT install. put a pause at the end of the batch file temporarily so that you can see its result.

(reformatting is a waste of your time)

HP Recommended

Hi Friend,

I m very happy to say this, I got it , I got it......

s friend, i repeatly read ur advices. Finally i made it working good..

my friend his job is networking & hardware, he surprised.

Thanks a Lot friend, if u ll come to india or in India pls inform me.  we could celebrate this... 

thanks to HP forum.

if i  ll get the IR driver let u know then & there, also u too..

need reply friend....

Regards,

Evan.

HP Recommended

glad it worked out 4 u.

meanwhile, i got another question - for mr. evanpaul but also anyone else eyeballing this thread.

my dv4t is intermittently electrocuting me - fingertip on the keyboard but also touching the metal grille around the keyboard i get zapped. voltage is not that high, so it's not life-threatening, but it is very irritating. doesn't happen always, just sometimes. can't see a pattern. anyone else seen this?

on mine, it seems also that the express card slot has gone south & is frying cards if i try them. could perhaps be related to the electrocution. will send this one in once i get the replacement one back from the shop.

(IR-remote still not working - pointers appreciated).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.