Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello budpro,

I understand that you are not able to use the HDMI port.

Go to start.

Type sound.

Click sound.

Right click on HDMI

Select set as default.

If HDMI is not available, right click any device and select show disabled devices.

Repeat the above steps to set HDMI as default.

Let me know how everything goes.

HP Recommended

I have the same HDMI problem with a pavillion g6 as well.

As with akfarrag
-If i go on to desktop, right click, and choose graphic properties

- When i go to the TV/Monitors section of the menu it says "Monitors / TV settings not supported"

If I plug in the HDMI cable I think the registers it (sometimes it makes the laptop screen go black). From here I can scroll through the fn+f4 menu giving me the following different options:  Computer Only, Duplicate, Extend, Projector Only. However if I choose "projector only" the laptop screen goes black and no signal is received by the projector

HP Recommended

Sorry to double post (cos nobody likes a double poster 😉   )

It's been a while since I've used a bootable Linux so thought I'd pass this by everyone to see what you think. Would it be possible to boot the laptop into a portable linux to see whether you could get the projector working off a linux OS? This would then point the problem at Windows

Would this be do-able? Do you reckon a portable linux OS (without any major fiddling done to it) would be able to output via the laptop's HDMI port?

HP Recommended

Hello

I was just wondering if you ever managed to resolve the HDMI problem as I have the same thing happening with my Pavillion G6

Thanks

Anhtony

HP Recommended

Nope,  none of the suggestions made any difference.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply

It is just not real that HP is getting away with this.

I am thinking of wrtiting to "Watchdog" the bbc 1 consumer TV program.

There is no answer to this problem.

HP should be doing a product recall!

What do you think?

Cheers

Anthony

HP Recommended
It's hard to know who is actually to blame, though HP should certainly be making more of an effort to trouble shoot. I suspect the most likely culprit is either a windows update, or some paranoid security setting that I have been unable to track down. Of course, it could be a hardware failure, in which case no amount of tinkering with settings will have any effect...
HP Recommended

Hello all (those of you who suffer from HDMI problem),

Updates regarding my status, I have tried the connection with different LED TV's and it seems that it works with the newest TV versions but not compatible with old ones (Unless you can update your TV software somehow to accomodate the new laptop technologies)....

By contacting my TV supplier and trouble shooting my problem, I have been advised that my TV supports only an HDCP graphic card which is not part of my HP laptop (My TV is a BUSH). I have tried it with Samsung TV and it worked as a Plug ' n ' Play directly without single intervention.

I would advice you to check for TV compatability 1st as it appeared to be my problem and I have already passed through all troubleshooting with HP and even replaced my laptop (just in case).

Best of luck, hope this helps.

HP Recommended

why can't hp step up and help

HP Recommended

I bought two  HP G6 Laptopa for  projecting videos on stage as part of my DJ show. Both HDMI outputs have stopped working since a Windows update. it is UNBELEIVABLE  that HP is not addressing this issue.

I will be posting on my very popoular blog just how BAD HP laptops are.

What a waste of money.

HP is hiding behind the curtain with this problem......they need to man-up before BBC watchdog features the problem  for cosnumenrs on TV!!!!!

SORT IT OUT HP!!!!!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.