Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@useyours wrote:

why can't hp step up and help

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forums.

Just a reminder that this is a peer-to-peer community of HP customers, and not a venue to contact HP directly. Most of the users here are consumers like yourself who are offering solutions because they like to help others, and any HP employees you see are here on their own capacity and not representing the company.

If you have additional or direct feedback for HP about their products or services, or questions about repair, you can use the link below for contact information.

http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

If you have other questions and concerns about using the forum, please feel free to send me a private message.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OrnahP
HP Support Forums Moderator

🙂 Clicking the "Kudos Star" to the left is a great way to say thanks!
🙂 When your problem has been solved, accept the solution by clicking "Accept as Solution" to help other members in the future!
Rules of Participation

HP Recommended

Hello 

You have sent me a direct email regarding this comment below. I am not sure why as it's not my comment????

useyours wrote:

why can't hp step up and help

Thank you

Anthony.

PS: I have nearly £1000 worth of HP laptops that no longer have HDMI output. Do you have any help ?

Or maybe you can supply a contact detail of somebody (person ) at HP that would be able to solve this problem.

HP Recommended

I'm doing efforts to mount TV to G6-2256SR with HDMI about a year. This time I have Windows 8.1 Professional and a new driver. It writes:"This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software" when trying to install. I had hoped that is a fixed driver. A previous W8 was been erased due to a good news. NOTHING SUCCESS! Chipset's drivers are installed exactly. Nothing helps.
P.S.: I don't saw working HDMI on W8 never!
With Ubuntu 13.10 HDMI had being worked since boot up with installation disc.
But I don't want use Ubuntu. Every feature must be in one OS. Help please.
P.P.S.: this trouble forced me to learn English to ask this question there.

HP Recommended

Thanks so much 🙂

I have also another problem with the VGA. After format the Vga doesn't work. Pavilion g6-1021sv.
I installed all the appropriate drivers but when I connect the screen with the vga, in the resolution cannot be detected the screen. Any solution on this?!

I heard that g6 series has problems with the vga drivers..

HP Recommended

Has anyone managed to resolve this?  I have the same issue:

* Definitely not a physical issue with the cables or TVs (I've tried several)

* All drivers re-installed and up to date

* In 'Sound' (Control Panel), 'Show Disabled Devices' and 'Show Disconnected Devices' both checked - no HDMI icons appear

* In the Intel Graphics and Media control panel, clicking on 'Monitor/TV Settings' I get the message: 'Monitor/TV Settings not suported'

* In the Control Panel, 'Connect to External Display' and 'Connect to a projector' no connected displays are detected.

This isn't a problem with resolutions, turning on/off via ctrl-P or fn f4.  My suspicion is that the stock driver just doesn't support HDMI output, but i can't find an alternative driver which will enable it.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion g6-1374sa Notebook PC running Windows 7 (64 Bit).

HP Recommended

Sadly, in very short time most tech-companies have completely abandoned responsibility. Because this is happening not just to tech companies, but all around the world, getting any help to reprimand or with fraudulent service will be almost impossible to do. THe amount of fraud and violation of contitutional rights is too great for any one organization to rectify. It can't last. Its probably going to end up crumbling in the end.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.