Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a Pavillion dv6500 with Vista and AMD processor. I am fed up with the HP Health Check as it makes the computer useless (by making it extremely slow) during the time its running in the background. No matter what options I select in the Settings, it reverts to its own default settings.

I have tried all solutions that I could find on the web (disable from the services & config settings etc), still the program fails to die. 

As a last resort, I deleted the following files from the HP Healthcheck folder and  seems like it has done the trick. The deleted files are:

HPHC.exe

HPHC_scheduler.exe

HPHC_scheduler.exe.config

HPHC_service.exe

Service_Init.exe

Hope it helps others get rid of HP Health check.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To my knowledge Health Check is a component of other software like HP Help and Support, HP Total Care Advisor or HP Support Assistant. You cannot uninstall this individually. However, you can stop it from being running in the background. Please perform the following steps:

1. Open Start >> Run and type Services.msc and press Enter
2. Scroll Down and Locate HP Health Check Service and right click and select Properties

stopping-hp-health-service

3. Click Stop button and Select Disabled from the Startup type drop down.
4. Click Ok and close services.

Note: Even after doing all this, you should also check Scheduled Tasks oe Task Scheduler, and delete any entry there corresponding to  HP Health Check

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended
Thanks, as already stated in my post, I had done all of these steps as I am reasonably tech savy. Still the HPHC refused to die, so I deleted all exe files and seemingly it has solved the issue.
HP Recommended

FYI: If there is a window open that says "HP Health Check (Not Responding)", you can right click it and press stop, say OK to the not responding screens and wait a few seconds, it will close the window. 

HP Recommended

Like you I followed everyone's instructions and HP Health Check still refuses to die... I'll try anything now...  Where do I find these files?? I can't find them nor does a search show me where they are...?  I'm using Windows VISTA Home Pro. Any tips will be helpful.. and please.. speak to me like I'm a 'luded out chimp.. Not very computer saaavy..

HPHC.exe

HPHC_scheduler.exe

HPHC_scheduler.exe.config

HPHC_service.exe

Service_Init.exe

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.