Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP-15-FO33WN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. I downloaded a trial version of I See Password Windows Password Recovery Pro and want to know if there is another software or method tha can reset the password better and easier.

2. Also I am using a HP 15-f033wn laptop and cannot seem to boot from a bootable CD/DVD ROM. I've changed the boot order but still the bootable CD/DVD will not boot

In the older days one would use +/- to change the order.

3. Last question if the BIOS supports a bootable USB flash drive does the flash drive have to be bootable or created with a bootable OS or software like Linux ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

To boot from a disk- immediately after powering on start tapping the Esc key. This will open a menu where F9 boot option is a choice. Tap F9, use arrow keys to move down and select/highlight your bootable media.Then tap Enter key.

OfflineNT is usually what I use:

https://www.lifewire.com/offline-nt-password-and-registry-editor-review-2626147

**Click Accept as Solution on a Reply that solves your issue**
***Click the "YES" button if you think this response was helpful.***

HP Recommended

Thanks for the help. CheryIG.

1. Can anyone tell me what exactly is the USB Deiskette on Key/USB Hard Drive ? This is one of the options to boot with in the BIOS but I don't think its the same as a USB Memory Flash Drive is it ?

2. Also how can we reset the laptop without getting into into and to the desktop ? Like I described we use the laptop sparringly and have forgotten the password to signin and its the admin password too and the one single account.

3. Will tapping the F11 on power up work in resetting the laptop to factory resettings without the knowing the admin password ?

HP Recommended

At the Windows 10 sign-in screen, click the Power button on the lower right corner, and then click the Restart option while pressing and holding the Shift key on your keyboard. This will restart Windows 10 to the Advanced Startup Options screen, from where you can reset the laptop.

To reset Windows 10 admin password, Windows Password Refixer is what I usually use.

HP Recommended

Thanks Mitchell. I found out that F11 works equally well on system power up but thanks for the tip on the tip of getting to the login screen and then holding the shift button and selecting the Resart button. We weren't able to boot from a CD/DVD bootable media to reset the password with a program NT Offline Editor like Chery suggested or Orphrack or the I See Password Pro. The system would not boot any of these bootable media. The media was tested to be bootable and work on another system.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.