Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

i have installed 12GB (8+4) RAM in Probook 4530s , it shows 12GB in Bios but when ever windows started it hangs on startup windows 8 installed,

its workin fine with 8 GB whenever install another chip of 4GB or 8 GB it shows complete memory in Bios but windows 8 hang on startup.

i have another laptop with same model and that support either 12GB (8+4)or 16 GB (8+8) without any problem.

any idea about it?

HP Recommended

16Gb? I thought it only allows 8Gb max (2x4Gb).

HP Recommended

hi i wants to know how to How to install memory upgrade in hp probook 4530s, and what memory i have to use

HP Recommended

Hello Islamj,

I understand you want to know how to do a memory upgrade and what type of memory to use, is that correct? I will be more than happy to help you.

Go to this website and click on system scanner, and that will run a full scan of your computer and it will tell you what memory it needs. See the screenshot below to know what to click on.

cruical.PNG

If you go do page 54 of the service and maintenance guide it will show how to open the computer and install the RAM on your own.

Please respond back at your earliest convenience.

Thanks

Clicking the White Kudos star on the left is a way to say Thanks!

Clicking the 'Accept as Solution' button is a way to let others know which steps helped solve the problem!
HP Recommended
I think I successfully completed installation of an additional 4 GB of DDR3 memory board in the expansion slot of my 4530s, as described above.
My question is, if I go to 'system' in 'control panel' and select
'show how much RAM is on this computer', the additional 4 GB installed does NOT appear.
Can anyone tell me WHY the laptop does not recognize the installed memory?
BTW, I performed the 'memory scan' on the CRUCIAL site described above, and it also did not indicate that I now have 8 GB of installed RAM.
Can anyone tell me what diagnostic capability the Probook 4530s has to DEFINITIVELY confirm that I have a total of 8 GB currently on my laptop?
I don't understand why this doesn't appear easily in Windows.
I am certain that I installed the new 8 GB memory board correctly. Thanks!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.