Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

"Did you reboot the system"

ofcourse, this is done automatically (default options in InsydeFlash )

"and allow the update to apply"

What does this mean? After install update the computer restarts as usual, without any follow-up questions.

Look at the log - there is something wrong.

HP Recommended

Try running the update again and watch what occurs during the reboot.   You should see the BIOS update occur.   Also make sure you have your AC adapter plugged into the unit.

I work on behalf of HP.

Click on Kudos if you like the response.
HP Recommended

I tried many times to update - BIOS is not updated after reboot. Each time log the same.

I gave you a log. What else can I watch?

"Also make sure you have your AC adapter plugged into the unit."

Ofcourse

Thank you

HP Recommended

During the reboot, did you see an update screen appear indicating status of the update or any other messages?

I work on behalf of HP.

HP Recommended

"During the reboot, did you see an update screen appear indicating status of the update or any other messages?"

no

HP Recommended

Do you know the Softpaq number of the update you are using?   SPxxxxxx.exe  ?  

Thanks!

I work on behalf of HP.

HP Recommended

So how do I get this to work on something other than windows?

I am a Linux user, and will not be installing windows ever again, for any purpose. (I have been running Linux since 2004, not going to stop now.)

-Denny

HP Recommended

Is your system from 2004?   What HP model are you using?  UEFI is only supported on the newer HP products.  

I work on behalf of HP.

HP Recommended

No Wizard, as far as I can tell anyways, I purchased it in 2011.

I want to try and update my bios without the use of windows.

I am a linux user, and will only use linux.

I could re-install windows, run the bios update. then remove windows and re-install my operating system, but I want to avoid that at all costs.

-Denny

HP Recommended

You may have UEFI support on your PC.   What model are you using?  There should be a Product Name and Product Number on the service label on the bottom of your PC.  

If you have UEFI support, you could create a USB key on a Windows PC  that you can use to update your BIOS using UEFI.  

I work on behalf of HP.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.