Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The described procedure did not work on my HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC (64-bits) with Windows 10 Pro, freely upgraded from Windows 7 Pro.

The Windows Hello window appears with the suggestion to move the right finger across the sensor, but after doing so for several times, nothing happens.

The same occurs with HP simple pass. The process indicator sticks at 0%.

Can anyone help with suggestions about the root cause of this problem?

Thanks in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello Anyone.

Good news, a simple solution.

After installing and executing sp63224.exe with Authentec simple pass screens, which was unsuccesful, I tried sp66143.exe. However, this program recommended to uninstall Authentec.

Well, I got the idea to completely uninstall simple pass by means of revo-uninstaller. Hereafter I composed a finger print in Windows Hello, and guess what, the system works at once.

So, very simple for my case: use Windows Hello, instead of sticking to HP simple pass.

I hope that other users may have the same success like me with Windows Hello.

Good luck!!

HP Recommended

This was a very good explaination after some playing around with your examples, I was able to get Simple Pass working again. Thank You. This is my 1st. time at this forum and found what i needed rite away. I will be using this forum again. And Thanks Again.....

HP Recommended

Dear theduke00.

I'm very glad that have success too rightaway.

However, the essence of my story is, that I completely have uninstalled HP Simple Pass by means of revo-uninstaller, and eventually use Windows Hello.

I have to admit, that previously I followed the suggestion of venkatkamesh to install Validity Sensors driver version 4.5.235.0, as described in his comment on 08-07-2015 12:35 AM. So, this may have contributed to my simple solution.

If other users have obtained success by leaving Simple Pass and embracing Windows Hello, please, let it know.

Kind regards.

HP Recommended
Spoiler
Thanks for you help with this. I tried many things to get this fixed, but eventually this was the only solution that worked.
HP Recommended

the topic is, dv6 6170us ,  only, and w10.  (and is in fact not supported.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-dv6-Entertainment-Notebook-PC-series/508...

first off , Simple pass is not supported on w10 but if you have it working, that is and amazing feat.

and  MR?:  venkatkamesh , originator of the post has DV6 ,  not  others. (KUDOS TO HIM!!!!)

windows 7 home. (my guess, is OP has upgraded w7 to PRO long ago and forgot)

HOme has no GPEDIT.msc

here is how to add one. (so your windows 7

http://drudger.deviantart.com/art/Add-GPEDIT-msc-215792914

the original poster is talking PRO and HP client for security, and  is a  super genius fix.

is to correct the w10 errors in the group policy,  

btw this GPedit fix, cures both v:2035 below and the newer verisons (I tried them all)

w10 hacking, you means,,, what, running non w10  software on w10,,, YMMV , no? you are on  your own...

but...

what is your expectations,?   runs ok.  or need all 30 HP apps working?  (wide field possible ,no?)

simple pass is the old software for Security.

the new product, is HP security client, 

Most systems need to remove all HP security packages. first.

then install W10

and last run the newer security, packs,  like this example, not sure what is best for yours.

how ever i do have this working below on 6 laptops.8540s, (yes, hacking works, but is not supported by HP ever)

2035.PNG

http://hp8540.justdied.com/#Hp-w10-drivers

Special thanks to Mr. venkatkamesh

you are my KING,  now...

you and others that found out how  to get the above, HP Client Security manager working on W10 !

including the script  patch trick for 2035, (newer one needs no patch) cept GPEDIT.

v:8.3.17.2042  (sp 74101.exe) Goggle it.

good luck, and please post your computers model number on all posts.

Good luck making old simple pass work and not scramble the OS.

NO warranty answers by me.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.