Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The Product code and serial number are set to NULL - i get a message that 'this versions of windows is not genuine' It was when I bought the Laptop

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Model number and Windows version and where did you buy it?

HP Recommended

Model Number is G61-110SA Serial Number is CNF9895FWS Product Number is VR525EA. These fields are set to Null in the ststem information. When trying to connect via the web to HP Support i get a message Product cannot be found.

I Purchased the :Laptop: from PC world

HP Recommended

And the Windows version? This seems entirely like a PC World problem. 

HP Recommended

Windows 7

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help so far. This Laptop has been running fine for 6 years or so,  its just recently that I spotted the serial number was blank which came to light when I tried to access HP support.  But the Windows is not genuine message I have seen on other forums and the fix is to run from a command prompt SLMGR - REARM but I have doone this many times and now it does not work.

HP Recommended

I wondered how you just now bought this laptop which is many years old but you said:

i get a message that 'this versions of windows is not genuine' It was when I bought the Laptop

Which I took to mean it gave the "not genuine" message right out of the box. So it is 6 years old? 

Did you try removing update KB971033?

http://www.itechfever.com/how-to-fix-windows-7-not-genuine-error/

If this is "the Answer" please click "Accept as Solution" to help others find it. 

HP Recommended

I have had the laptop for  6 or so years. It has been fine upto now. Yes I have removed that update and still not resolved the problem. I think it is related to the serial number not found which I see when I boot up the system. It seems to coincidental that these two errors have appeared and that they are not related. I cannot see how I can update the serial number on the machine. Function key 10 during IPL does not allow serial number to be entered.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.