cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Putty318
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

I need help getting a startup password, I believe I was hacked

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion

System is asking for a password to startup, never had that happen before, I allowed someone to access my computer , scam, now I'm locked out

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
REO51ST
Level 16
25,082 24,632 3,567 8,026
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Putty318

So the screen looks like this???

original[1].jpg

REO

JRJet
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

REO, I'm trying to help someone with this same problem. Win8.1, no recovery disk, no luck. Got anything? Thanks, Jet

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,744 25,624 1,414 1,485
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JRJet

This is a great location to get assistance! I read your post and see that you are unable to login to windows. I would like to help you resolve this issue. 

• If the computer did not boot to windows and asking for BIOS password.
  • You need to contact HP Phone support for assistance on this.
  • If it booting into windows and asking for windows login password.
  • Click here and follow the steps mentioned in troubleshooter to fix the issue.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
JRJet
4 2 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the response Sandy, but its not the BIOS or Windows pw. The person got hacked, ie called a number on the screen and talked with someone that tried to get them to send money to unlock. Luckily, I had another computer, same model, that I used the recovery disks. Luckily there were no critical files, so I restored it to factory default. Cheers, JRJet.

0 Kudos
sandytechy20
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
25,744 25,624 1,414 1,485
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@JRJet

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know that issue resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation