Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I'm in situation when i can't get into safe mode in any way, because of SSD, uefi, etc. The F8 doesn't work while you have this. I can't even see more than windows logo which disappear after couple od seconds 😞

HP Recommended

After uninstalling the drivers the BSOD does not happen after 2 minutes (but it still sometimes happens at random intervals ).

Is their any permenant fix for this that does not involve uninstalling drivers? I can not seem to find any windows 10 drivers for the HP 450 g1 on the HP Website either.

HP Recommended

After a few hours fixing Windows 10 Problems, I think I found the one for the dGPU:

My PC: HP Probook 450 G1 (i7, AMD Radeon HD 8750M, 8Gb Ram)

1: Dissable the dGPU: I reccomend from the Device Manager very fast after boot: Win+x, M

2: uninstall all AMD software from the PC

3: download and install the later AMD drivers from amd: AMD Drivers Link

4: go to Device Manager and Click "Update" and then "find drivers automatically"

5: it should find one and install it. If it doesn't work from the first go, try again. I got it the second.

6: It should now be named "AMD Radeon HD 8750M" ( before this it was ... 8600/8700 series) .Enable the dGPU from DeviceManager.

7: In AMD CCC under software it should say driver version ending with "-HP" like this:  IMGUR img.

After this I tried a game with performance mode. It worked and no BSOD. So far everything is great. Hope it works for you too 🙂

HP Recommended
Thanks vasvask it worked well. I uninstalled my and drivers and it worked out well. I booted into safe mode to get it done tho but in the end it still worked
HP Recommended
Many hours & trials later, going back to 8.1, at least it works.
HP Recommended
Hi guys,

I just subscribed this forum to say DISABLE THE AMD VIDEO CARD. Thanks to vasvaska. That's hot tip

I will try to help giving tips about how to log in safe mode.

- When your pc comes up, press "windows X" and "A".
- click "YES"
- Type "BCDEDIT /SET {DEFAULT} BOOTMENUPOLICY LEGACY"
- "ctrl at del" and logout.
- shutdown and restart.

You need to be very fast to get this. I hope to have help you guys.

Leonardo
HP Recommended

I'm using Probook 450 G1 and I also had the same BSOD several times. After uninstalling all driver through Safe Mode it got fixed but my sound was terrible (IDT High Definition Audio CODEC). I tried reinstalling the audio driver but there was no difference. I had to revert back to Windows 8.1.

HP Recommended
Hi there. If the soundings stuttering, go to sound manager from the speaker down right - right click. Select 24bit audio. That's how I fixed mine. It was 2 4 something, not sure if bits. You'll find it. Under advanced options.
HP Recommended
we haven't two minutes, we have just 30 or 45 seconds. I did what you said but it didn't work. You have to find another solution or i am gonna kill myself.
HP Recommended

Please try to open Device Manager and disable graphic/network and sound card drivers until they load.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.