Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

HI to all,

Just to make some steps easier. I was not able to login to safe mode in any known way found on the net. But, I resloved the issue in this way:

1. Restart comp
  2. Go to Bios
  3. Disable GPU
  4. Save and exit
  5. Login to windows os and conitnue...
  6. Uninnstall alll ATI and AMD drivers and software (Control Panel -->Program and Features)
  7. Downlad new driver from AMD site
  8. Restart - > go to bios --> enable GPU -->save and exit
  9. Install drivers and thats it 🙂

HP Recommended

Finally Mr. you're amazing as the windows 10! thank you and god bless Hewlett-Packard.

HP Recommended
How do we get the drivers back ?
HP Recommended

Thank you very much vasvaska!!! This helped!!!

HP Recommended

Guys, i went into safe mode, and uninstalled the drivers but when i came back to normal mode, all drivers were still there?

HP Recommended

I have had the same problem with Windows 10.  I am back to 8.1.  Can I update my AMD drivers while in 8.1 and then upgrade to 10?  

HP Recommended

And if you will turn 8750m off via bios, you might get this issue where you can't turn it ON!

here the link to the topic:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Display-and-Video/WIN10-HP-470-G1-AMD-8750m-doesn-t-show-up-dG...

HP Recommended

I did not find any option to start in safe mode from the menu after pressing the esc key on system startup (I tried all function keys as well), so I had to use the repair disc  and I found under "advanced"  the option to start in safe mode, then after restarting to enter into safe mode the blue smile of death appeared, so I had no choice and reverted back to windows 8.1.

HP Recommended

How do you revert back to windows 8.1 ? 

HP Recommended

I used the option to go to a previous build (found using the application and driver recovery dvd),  after a while of not seeing any progress (just a spinner icon and the message restarting) I decided to turn off and turn on the computer, then windows detected there was a problem with the installation and just rolled back to my previous working OS which was windows 8.1.

I will not try to install windows 10 until there is a more stable build that autodetects the correct drivers for my system or the manufacturer "HP" gives us an official upgrade path.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.