Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy 4-1015dx
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Recently had major issues with my installation of windows 8, when I went to install a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate I get an error message saying that the drivers are not found.  Upon some research through forums, I found out I needed the RAID drivers for the machine as it has a 500Gb and 32Gb SSD drive.  I tried all of the recommended drivers and none of them got the process moving.  Through tinkering in the BIOS I was able to confirm both drives were good and delete the partition that was on one of them, I just can't install windows without the Mythical Driver that I am missing.  Would the $50 recovery USB solve all of lifes problems?  Is there something I am missing?  Just want to get a clean install of windows 7 on the machine...

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi:

See if this works if it is not one of the things you have tried already...

Download the drivers from this link below -- second file listed -- 64 bit).

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=2101&DwnldID=23060&keyword=Intel+Rapi...

Extract (copy) the files onto a usb flash drive without any folders.

With the flash drive and W7 installation media in the PC, boot from the W7 installation media.

After you select the install now option, select the Drive Options - Advanced menu, then select the Load Driver option.

You should now see the storage driver files listed.

If you check the box, it will only include the compatible driver.

Follow the prompts and hopefully, W7 will install.

HP Recommended

Followed those instructions, pulled up the Intel(R) Mobile Express Chipset SATA RAID controller, looked like the driver was loading but then got an error "No new devices could be found.  Make sure the driver files are correct and located on the driver installation media."  Tried a couple times and continue to get the same message.  Made sure it was the 64 bit driver as well.

HP Recommended

The only other suggestion I can offer would be to make sure if you are using a USB flash drive to install W7, that you install it from the notebooks USB2 port.

It will not work from a USB 3 port.

The user guide for your notebook indicates that there is a USB2 charging port on the right side of the notebook.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately that was the port I was already using. Powers the thumb drive, just not liking that driver.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.