Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have Elite Book 8540P laptop with me ... Its charger pin is not working properly ... If I simply plug it in the laptop. for solution I pore 2 drop of water in the pin and then plug it in the laptop it works properly 

Submitted for guidance please that how I able to reslove this issue

Best Regard

Shaur

HP Recommended

Hi Shaur,

I understand that you are having troubles with charging the battery on your Elite Book 8540. I would like to assist your with this, I just need to know a couple more specifics.

First I just want to make sure the full model number of your computer is Elite Book 8540P?

Second what version of windows are you currently running on your computer?

I have included a link <here> on how to find the version of windows you are running.

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
My laptop charger is good but can not charge my battory where is the fault from and how can i repaire it
HP Recommended

Hello Chiboy,

I understand that you are not able to charge the battery of your notebook. I would really like to confirm some information first so that you can pin point exactly what has caused the issue.

1) What is the full model number of your computer?
'Guide to finding your model number'
2) What version of Windows are you currently running?
'Which Windows operating system am I running?'
3) Have you followed all the steps in this document, 'Battery Does not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge'. What were the results of testing and calibrating the battery?
4) Power down the computer
5) Remove the battery
6) Plug the power cord into the computer and the wall
7) Try turning on the computer
😎 Does the computer start, and load into Windows?

Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I continue to get a light intermittent warning tone and the computer indicates 84% available, plugged in, not charging,

How can I stop the warning tone?

HP Recommended
Hi,my HP r036tu laptop is not charging,it shows "plugged in,not charging". Please solve my problem please,thanx
HP Recommended

the center pin is broken in the adapter pin. 

i realised after using another charger whose pin isnt broken, it charged fully.

the adapter with the broken pin will power the laptop but not charge it.

HP Recommended

Hello - I have a HP ENVY 17 Notebook PC.  I am getting the message that battery needs to be replace and that there is a failure.  It is not charging.  CAn you tell me if this was addressed in the BIOS upgrade.  Is there a solution for this?  Please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Vlg22

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.