Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-bc202ur 1DM83EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Found very attractive price on this model (HP Pavilion 15-bc202ur [1DM83EA]).

I admit NVMe PCI-E SSD 256G, 2800MHz true 4 cores Kaby Lake-H Core i7, 4k IPS display.

However, it's equipped with only 8+4=12Gb DDR4. I need 32G (16+16).

On the official site it's listed as non-upgradeable, but I suppose it could be true for non-experienced users only. 

The question is: even if it takes to take off the MB, is it possible to install 2x16Gb DDR-4 SO-DIMM and what voltage and other specs should modules have? Any suggestions about brands or particular models?

If it's not possible or too risky (mean that most modules won't work), I will not buy this laptop, as I really need more than 16Gb of memory, but on the tight budget.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello @Rickky1409,

Your PC will support upto 16GB RAM max.    The chipset will not support 32 GB, i.e 16GB in each slot

• Slots:2 (2 banks of 1) 8GB # 2.

You may also download this http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/systemscanner and test yourself.

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thanks! It's really strange for me to read that HM175 Cannot handle 32G in the 1DM83EA. Is this a special version of this chipset? What about the same OMEN (1DM73EA)?

HP Recommended

Hello @Rickky1409,

Thank you for your reply !!!

Its the same 16GB max.

Here is the manual : http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05357609

READ PAGE-4

See this post :   https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/SSD-and-RAM-upgrade-for-HP-OME...

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again !!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Thank you VERY much.

Though bad news you brought.

Will might look for MSI or ASUS instead.

BTW, which is the cheapest 4k display and 4 cores HP model which supports 32G RAM?

HP Recommended

You're very Welcome !! @Rickky1409 

If you are happy with the help you received share the good news! Let others know this reply was helpful by accepting this solution

You can also show your appreciation by giving kudos.

We appreciate your feedback. It's what keeps our community such a helpful, vibrant place for our members.

All the Best !!   Thanks for being a member!

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.