Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I hope they're right too...

But please post the results after a few days of the reinstall too, if it works I'll try it right away.

If it doesn't work, from looking around online it seems like it may be a Motherboard issue, or more specifically a corrupted CMOS.

HP Recommended

FYI - HP RECOVERY DISKS WERE NOT REQUIRED.

I received the disks from HP but decided to try one last ditch effort before I wiped my laptop.

I rolled my BIOS back to version F.13 and installed the latest Nvidia graphics driver from the Nvidia website.

Once I did this, I no longer received the "Not ACPI Compliant" blue screen upon bootup.  

**Important:  You must disable the HP Tools Update Assisant or it will automatically attempt to pull the latest BIOS and graphics drivers from the HP site after bootup.***

I have now rebooted my laptop 10-15 times over the past week without a single reoccurence.  HP needs to figure out what's going on and fix it, but until then, I plan to continue running on BIOS VF.13

I hope this works for everyone else.

HP Recommended

Which graphics driver version are you on exactly?

I tried rolling back to F.13 once and whichever graphics driver I tried to install was incompatible.  That being the reason I updated the bios in the first place.

*EDIT* Also just to make sure, is your graphics card the Nvidia Geforce GT 650M?

HP Recommended

I was playing around with bios rollbacks tonight.  I downgraded to F.13 and had the Nvidia problem show up again. I tried a few chipset and driver updates but nothing fixed it.

I downgraded one step further to F.0A and it seems to have done the trick for me.

The Nvidia card is recognize and running on the latest driver from the Nvidia site.  And so far it seems like there's no crashes or Blue Screens on system startup, but from my experience you need to go a week without a crash to be sure.  I'll update if I run into the ACPI Compliant problem on F.0A.

For now it looks like I have a reasonable solution for the startup crashes and the Nvidia card not being recognized.  Interesting if you are having those results on F.13 that I couldn't have for some reason...  Have you checked in control panel>System&Security>Device Manager>Display Adapters to be sure that your Nvidia Driver is working?

That's great if it is, but it may be that your Intel GPU is just pulling the weight and the Nvidia is not being recognized, at least that's the problem I had, and the system didn't alert me of it either, I didn't find out until I checked in the Device Manager.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.