Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 110
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi My main problem is that I cannot logon windows because for some reason my local password has changed or does not work at all. I priorly tried figure out why win 10 is not running normally because I could not do anything in file explorer. Every time I right-clicked in file explorer it just froze up and win 10 refreshed itself to the main screen after about a minute. I suspected a freeze conflict to be related to my dynamic video cards. I have onboard Intel 3000 and separate Radeon 6700 HD. I updated Radeon Catalyst drivers but no change in stability. Next I unabled all non-windows services in task manager and rebooted my laptop. It could not boot up twice so win 10 tried to fix that automatically with no success. Then I tried to reboot windows 10 by booting it up with my manufacturer software on my system drive. After 15 minutes of installing it announces that it was unsuccessful. Then it went to safe mode and I am stuck with password that does not work. Strange thing is that several times I have entered different passwords or just hit enter after I get "wrong password try again" it says finally "welcome" and dots start circling concluding to a few moments (half a minute) later "wrong password, try again". I have to add that I have fingerprint reader and I have usually used my fingerprint recognition in order to logon windows. Now that non windows services are unabled I cannot use my fingerprint option. I know my password is 100% right but it won*t work. Anyway, trying to run mini win XP on hiren's boot disk I get the following blue screen error: STOP: 0000007E (0X0000005, 0XF7529D66, 0XF78BDEA4, 0XF78BDBA0) acpi.sys - Address F7529D66 base atF751E000, DateStamp 480252b1

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Vuyo1587,

Welcome to the HP Forums, I hope you enjoy your experience! To help you get the most out of the HP Forums, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I came across your post about issue with the notebook not starting, and wanted to help!  I understand that you are having trouble logging into the Operating System, using the password.

To start, can you provide me with the Product Number of the notebook?  Here is a link you can use that will help you find your Model and Product Number:
HP Customer Support - Products

Can you also clarify the Operating System?  In the post, you indicate that you are working with Windows 10.  However, the information in the title and product description indicates Windows XP, and Windows 8.1.  If you are indeed working with Windows 10, try resolving the login issue, using the following document.  Please post back with the results: 

HP PCs - How to Recover Your Forgotten Password (Windows 10)

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.