Note on archived topics.
09-20-2016 03:49 PM - edited 09-20-2016 05:42 PM
Welcome to the HP forums! It is a great way to engage, post questions and find resolutions by working with specialists in the HP community. I understand that your notebook is not working and only makes a clicking noise. I’ll gladly assist you with this.
It certainly looks like a hardware issue with the computer. Please perform some basic troubleshooting steps to try and correct the situation.
- Please perform a hard reset first.Steps to do it:
- Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery only if it is a removable one.
- Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
- Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.
Please check if this works. If it does not I would require more information regarding this.
- When did this first happen?
- Is there a light that glows by the power port where the charger plugs in?
- Have you tried an external screen like a TV using an HDMI cable to isolate the issue?
- IIs there a light on the power button?
- You could also try a bios roll back if there is a light by the power port where the charger plugs in. You need to power down the computer.
- Then press and hold down the "Windows" key on the keyboard along with the letter "B" and simultaneously press the power button for about 4 seconds to begin this process.
If it still does not work, I request you to contact HP phone support to get the unit serviced by visiting this link: http://hp.com/contacthp
You need to select the region and language and type the product# of the unit. Then please follow the instructions on the screen to contact phone support.
Thanks for reaching out. Please let me know if this helps. If it does, please mark this post as "Accept as Solution". If you require further assistance, let me know and I will gladly do all I can to help. If you wish to say "thanks" for my efforts to help, click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos.
I am an HP Employee