Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello NiceGuyfx1290.  I understand you've recieved the "memory parity error."

This error generally means that there is a problem is a driver.  You should run HP Support Assistant to check for updated drivers.  

If this fails to resolve the issue you should look at the other solutions offer in this Microsoft article.

Let me know the result.  I hope you have a great night!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white star under my name to give me Kudos as a way to say "Thanks!"

Click the "Accept as Solution" button if I resolve your issue.

HP Recommended

Yeeaaaah... I tried EVERYTHING. The only choice I have is a new motherboard. I believe something is wrong with it as well as the touchscreen monitor. Mainly because it had been having spasms repeatedly where it would click all over the screen and now it went out completely and shows no image at all. 😛 Thanks though!

HP Recommended

i have hp compaq 2 Ram 1G and 256MB i have changed the windows xp wth windows 7 32bit , afther 1 day the compioter geev mi a blou screen with thes messege memory parity error *** system has halted 

can any one help me pleas ? 

thanks hp

jetlaui

HP Recommended

i have hp compaq 2 Ram 1G and 256MB i have changed the windows xp wth windows 7 32bit , afther 1 day the compioter geev mi a blou screen with thes messege *** Hardware MalfunctionCall your hardware vendor for support  parity chek memory parity error *** system has halted 

can any one help me pleas ? 

thanks hp

jetlaui

HP Recommended

Try this

1. Press F10 while booting , Go to BIOS - Advanced - Bus Options - Disable PCI SERR# Number

HP Recommended
Hi thanx it worked I actually had the same problem with a dell optiplex gx280 cpu hope the same procedure will work
HP Recommended

MY PC IS HP XW4300 WORKSTATION  I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM

HP Recommended

I have same problem in my computer.

I installed IEEE1394 card today to control sony camcoder.

But my computer gave me blue screen that contains the message.

You are genius. Your solution was perfect. Thank you very much.

"Disable PCI SERR# Number"

HP Recommended
Asante(thanks a lot) nimetatua tatizo lilokuwa linanisumbua.
HP Recommended

thank you very much! I had thought of formatting my machine  but thanks to you am on the safe  side

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.