Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 15 AY503TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I am Kranthi Kumar.Why I Am Posting This Messages Is That I Need A Linux Support For HP 15 AY503TX Model.Because We Bought This Laptop In India Of Worth 45000 Rupees, But The Things Is Worst Support For HP.

One Thing I Need To Mention Here Is That Ubuntu Is Freeware, But Windows Is Not.So Please Provide Ubuntu Support For This Model.

For Further Communication Contact Me At +919494397539 In Between 6:00PM To 9:00PM

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

This is the HP Global English language peer to peer support forum.

It is not a business entity of HP.

I highly recommend that you contact HP directly for your support request.

We, as volunteers, do not provide any specific support for Linux except on occasion.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@KranthiA2B

HP only warranties their PCs for usage with the OS that comes preinstalled. IF you replace that or add a different OS, then you assume full responsibility for maintaining that other OS -- as HP then provides no assistance on that.

For support specifically with Ubuntu, your best approach is to post on the Ubuntu Forums:  http://ubuntuforums.org/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

If you want Linux, the best way to do it is to purchase a notebook that is preinstalled with Linux.

HP does sell some that are preinstalled with Linux.

There are lists of notebooks that are know to work with differing variants at the forums for some versions of Linux

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

If You Provide the Worth Of This Laptop then It Is Ok.But In India it will sell half of the original price.

HP Recommended

@KranthiA2B wrote:

If You Provide the Worth Of This Laptop then It Is Ok.But In India it will sell half of the original price.

I am providing any funds towards the putrchase of any device for you. That will have to come from your own funds. If that was not what you meant, then please elaborate.

You can find a laptop that is considered a best buy for your Linux preference by performing some research online at the Linux forum or support group which specializes in your Linux preference.

HP Recommended

Sorry, fail to understand your comment about the Worth of the PC.

PCs that come preinstalled with Windows cost more because the OEM has to pay a fee to include Windows on that PC.  When they sell PCs that do NOT come with Windows (e.g., FreeDOS), they cost less because they didn't have to pay MS a fee for a Windows license.

The primary difficulty is using laptops in Linux is the nearly total lack of specialized drivers needed for the specialized hardware found in laptops. In desktops, this is not nearly so serious a problem because the hardware tends to be more generic and there is often the option of swapping in hardware for which there are Linux drivers.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with the "worth" of the laptop, instead, it is related to the size of the consumer community for the goods.  It costs every bit as much to develop Linux drivers for laptops as it does Windows drivers, but the Linux market is very small -- probably less than 1% of the Windows markets, for laptops.  It makes no sense for HP to spend twice as much money developing drivers when nearly half of that is for a tiny market.

The single BEST source of information in your case is the community forum for the distro that you are running. There, unlike here, you will find folks that use that distro every day, and are well-steeped in what is needed to workaround driver problems.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.