Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

well, it worked.  then something new showed up that i need the driver for...

USB\TIUSBD_Hub&VID_040E&PID_0100&REV_0000

so i did the exact same thing- installted the driver manually, again..

SUCCESS!!!

Fully functional on W7, Paul, you are my hero.  Gold Star.  Thank you so much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad you were able to get that device to work because as I stated, there are no W7 HP notebook drivers for that device at all.

And you can't use W8 ones, because W8 has full support for usb 3 so there aren't any W8 USB 3.0 drivers at all.

HP Recommended

Well that explains a few things...  Don't understand why all the other drivers are W8 exclusive.  (?)

Either way, doesn't matter, I'm curious is all.  The job got done, so thanks again.

HP Recommended

Anytime.

HP (and other PC mfrs) only supports its consumer notebooks for the mainstream 64 bit Windows operating system in effect at the time of the PC's production (which is now W8.1).

The one you were working on probably came with W8, since W8.1 just came out.

That is why there aren't any other drivers provided.

You need to purchase a business notebook that has support for other windows operating systems.

Just curious...what is the full model # of the PC you were working on?

That must be a brand new model.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a question about loading the W7 drivers after I load W7 Pro X64 on my envy m6 1225dx.  Will my computer see my USB I have the new drivers loaded on ?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi:

Before installing W7, please make your set of W8 recovery media first.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03481733

Then you will need to change a bios setting in order to install and run W7 on your notebook.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054

Then yes, after you install W7 x64 on your m6 1225dx, use all of the W7 x64 drivers and software from the M6t-1000.

The usb3 driver is found under the chipset section.

DO NOT USE ANY BIOS OR FIRMWARE DOWNLOADS FROM THIS LINK

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5275...

HP Recommended

Just noticed your question.

It was a HP ENVY 23-c010 All-in-one Desktop.

HP Recommended

Hopefully this helps a ton of people out.  Found this while downgrading my W8 m6-k010dx to Windows 7.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

Download the chipset drivers (link on the right).

Description:

This package is for motherboards with 700 series or newer AMD chipsets, and includes:
                          AMD Chipset Drivers
                          AMD AHCI Driver
                          AMD USB 3.0 Driver

This got my left 2 USB ports working and fixed several other missing pieces.  I recommend looking up your GPU and grabbing drivers from here too... and if you have an A series there are drivers here too.  3 separate things to DL.

Goodluck everyone.
HP Recommended

Hi Paul,

Did my Window 7 Pro install today and it went great. Thank you for all the info. I still have one PCI device not working.  Here is the info if you can help.

PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_18A4103C&REV_01
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_18A4103C
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF0000
PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&CC_FF00

HP Recommended

G'day all from Oz.

I know it has been said before ... but ...

Thank you so much for your time and effort, Paul.  Your suggestions and links will be invaluable when our HP Envy M6 1211TX arrives.  We needed a Win 7 laptop with more than three USB ports without the use of a hub.  The Envy M6 seemed to be a good option.

My partner works from home and the company who provides the program simply WILL NOT UPGRADE THEIR SOFTWARE for use on Win 8.  Yeah, they only support up to IE8 too.   Reckon their programmers need a good kick on their backsides!

So we have to 'downgrade' to Win 7 :OpenSmile:

Thanks again,

Ian 

(Australia).

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.