Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Try installing Wireless assistant using which you may be able to toggle bluetooth and wireless on/off:

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45222.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

I tried and the setup wizard ends because it says I already have a more updated version of the wireless assistant installed.  It does not go any further from there. It just ends.  Any more thoughts ?

HP Recommended

I totally forgot about this following procedure and it may help.

Go the task manager and click on services and in that window at the bottom right of the screen slick on services again

(it should have a shield beside it) Maximize that window and you will see a list of items in alphabetical order.

There should be two Bluetooth items there "Bluetooth service" and "Bluetooth support service"

Right click on each of them, one at a time, and go to properties. They should be both started and I set mine on automatic.

The setting for "automatic" is changed in the drop down box in the properties window. If you make any changes here make sure and click the "apply" button if it asks you to.

If your Bluetooth device has any software that came with it, install it and look for it in this window that we have discussed here.

If you do not have a disk, check the manufacturers web site for software.

Again make sure that it is set on automatic and that it is started.

Restart your laptop after all of this if you have made any changes here.

This post is getting a little confusing so here are three things that you need for W7 to get your Bluetooth devices to work.

Install the HP Wireless assistant first and turn it on. You will find it in the control panel ounce it's installed.

Install HP Bluetooth software.

Update the chipset driver for your model as there is a modified version to help with a pairing issue in some cases.

HP Recommended

hi i hv cq41 216tu  laptop .... i hv installed windows 7 can u plz tell me the correct blue tooth driver .bcz whenever i m installing the driver i m getting "bleutooth peripheral driver not present .....

HP Recommended

Try installing these drivers which might get your bluetooth working:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48831​.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48501-49000/sp48538​.exe
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp47001-47500/sp47022​.exe

If the issue persist,
•Right-click the bluetooth device in Device Manager
•Go to Details tab
•Select the property as Hardware IDs
•Please provide the value present there so that we can identify the correct driver needed for this device.

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.

***Click on "Thumbs up" button to the bottom right side of my post to say thanks!***
HP Recommended

Install this version of HP Wireless Assistant and that should allow you to install the driver and turn on the Bluetooth radio.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76368-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

I could not get any of those links from Vidya to work and they are just the direct links. Are they different versions of the "HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology" drivers ?

This is one of the latest HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology driver that worked with another poster.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-76420-1&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&...

The listings for these items are for different laptops, but it doesn't matter.

HP Recommended

hi vidya 

the harware id is showing

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D&REV_0306

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D

plz let me know the correct bluetooth driver

thanks in advance 🙂

HP Recommended

Thanks for the information. You can download the bluetooth drivers from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45078.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

HP Recommended

Hey Vidya,  My issue was never resolved.  I just read all teh other comments and follow your instructions.  my Hardware Id's read teh following :

USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D&REV_0306
USB\VID_03F0&PID_231D

Any help will be greatly appreciated !! Thanks !

HP Recommended

You too download the bluetooth drivers from the following weblink:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp45001-45500/sp45078.exe

I am an HP employee.

Regards,
Vidya

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.