Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Probook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I purchased a computer through a Sears Marketplace vendor, ANTONLINE.com.  It came with Windows 7 instead of Windows 10.  Since I can no longer get a 10 upgrade for free, I need to shell out $120 in order to upgrade and transfer my old PC files (Windows 10)  to the new HP.  I have contacted both Sears and ANTONLINE.com.  Sears told me ANTONLINE.com would call me in 48 hours.  They didn't,  I have contacted them by phone and emaii and no way to get a response back.  Their reviews for customer support are awful.  Is this a certified reseller for HP?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Normally Probook class machines are for business and many companies now still use Windows 7 but I think you bought machine from an older stock.

Is this a certified reseller for HP? I don't know, why not call them to check ? It sells many other products from many different vendors including refurbished machines.

http://www.antonline.com/

I think you bought a product from a "middle man" and now you have to deal with a real store and their reviews for customer support are awful.

From my view, please return machine and buy a different one with Windows 10. I don't think they would send you a copy of Windows 10.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.