Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi, I am unable to find in the f10 setup  bios screens anywhere that will allow me set a time or date. I assumed the same as you that it is possibly a bios fault as other machines have always let me do this. I have two other hp530 machines and having checked their bios setup screens I find that they are apparently identical in how they are setup (nowhere to set time and date). I might add that these other two machines work perfectly.I am trying to download an upgrade to the bios from the support site at the moment as that will be my next step.

Jim

HP Recommended

odd that.. F10 opens computer setup on mine second on list in file is set system date and time

sorry cant help then.. good luck

pete

HP Recommended

That is strange pete. That is all three of mine not showing that facility. Must be a different bios version as all three show the same version and year. All machines bouht at different times and locations.

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Non-system disk or disk error, replace and strike any key when ready. Ok, I had this problem with my HP Compaq 6720s and to make it work my CD/DVD drive was not working. It didn't recognise any CD or DVD whatsoever.so i couldn't recover the the system.BUT.I finally resolved it!!

All i did was; i removed the Hard drive from the computer and placed it into an external HD case. then I formatted the HD with another computer. then I copied the content of a relatively cheap windows 7 CD to the NOW formatted external hard drive.after that I returned the hard drive back to my HP and turned it on. It loaded windows 7 just fine and that was it!!!

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

when i but the dvd in the laptop nothing happen.

HP Recommended

Hello Tommy45,

I see that you are having a problem with your HP computer. I would like to help with your problem but I need some information.

Can you give the model and product number of the computer? Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Can you give a detailed description of the problem you are having?

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

okay so i took his advice and it said hard disk test failed, disk not installed. what do i do i dont have the money to take it to a professional!!

HP Recommended

Hello bribri9297,

I see that you are having trouble with the hard drive on your computer.

You will need to replace the hard drive on the computer. This is something you can do yourself. You will have to purchase a new hard drive.

If you provide me with the product number of the computer I can find some information on replacing the hard drive. Here is a link showing how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

My computer make Hp Elite Notebook 2530p is not responding normally due to the fact that it shows a black screen written Non-system disk or disk error,

replace and strike any key when ready 

What could be the problem and how can i fix it. Thank you.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.