Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
02-14-2016 09:18 AM
Recently i am unable to use the number Six key on the numbers board and the top row as well as the number 5 on the top row only.
Tried removing keyboard and re install no luck, any help would be gratefully received.
02-15-2016 02:46 PM - last edited on 03-16-2017 09:09 AM by OscarFuentes
Hi there @kp502000,
Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. I understand you are having an issue with The keyboard. I will be glad to help you.
Please post the full product number and operating system in use on your computer. See the following, if you need help with that information.
How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?
Is the Windows Version on My Computer 32-bit or 64-bit?
I will do all I can to help after getting above information.
06-14-2018 08:03 AM
I have the same issue with my HP 15 Beats Notebook PC product number G6R14UA#ABA.
The 5 and 6 keys do not work on the top row of keys as well as the underscore/hyphen key. I must use the number pad to type those keys, except for the 6, it does not work on the number pad either so I must use the touch keyboard if I want to type the number six. Sometimes the 5 does work after a couple of taps.
06-14-2018 09:29 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about forum posting, please feel free to send me a private message!
I work on behalf of HP