Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i got the below error is anyone able to shed any light on it

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port

Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express)

Bus:Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x5

Vendor ID:Device ID: 0x8086:0xA115

Class Code: 0x30400

The details view of this entry contains further information.

thanks

matthew

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

Thank you for your query.

I understand that you are getting the error " A corrected hardware error has occurred."

Component PCI Express Root Port

Error Source : Advanced Error Reporting (PCI Express

Bus Device Function: Ox:0:. 0x1c: 0x5

Vendor ID Device ID 0x8086: 0xA115,

Class Code 0x30400.

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I suggest you run the  HP Support Assistant  to check for any HP updates, including a chipset driver.

Have you done all your Windows updates?

Here is a link to the  Windows Update Troubleshooter. Open the Windows update troubleshooter, as it may help find additional drivers. It should lead to a forced update of Windows updates that may not be automatically being applied that could help resolve this issue.

Please let me know the outcome.

Good Luck!

Thank you  for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue as yourself. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as   "Accept as Solution"   to help other community  members!
To show appreciation for my efforts, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.  
Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hi
I have ran windows update, HP support assistant, and Intel driver update uitlity as of the 7/2/2016, they are all upto date
HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

Thank you for your reply.

After doing some further research I suggest trying this.  In Device Manager uninstall the driver.

Now when you update the driver, select "browse and choose the Windows generic driver.

Please let me know the results.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Which particular chipset driver am i uninstalling and using windows generic
HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

Thank you for your reply.

It is not the chipset driver you are changing.  If you open Device Manager is there a port that has an error on it?  If so that is the driver you are changing.  

If you did not click details, when the error occurs again. please click details when you get the error.Iit should list a product ID.  If you do a Google search with the product  ID, you should be able to determine which device it is.

Otherwise please provide the product ID and I will do  the research for you.

What is your exact model of Pavilion notebook?

How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number?

Please keep me updated.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

HP Recommended

i have checked device manager, and there is no warning on any of the devices.

i have a HP pavilion gaming 15-ak011na laptop

HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

Thank you for the update and the additional information. 

When the error occurs again, please click on the details and provide me the information it lists.

Otherwise, I suggest you test for hardware failures to see if you can determine which one is causing an issue.

HP Notebook PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures (Windows 10, 😎.

Did you make any changes  to your system before this error occurred? 

Please keep me posted to your progress.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
Hi
I telephone HP support today they said run diagnostics, i run the full system check, and all passed have a photo of the results, can post up here on tuesday, saved the log infomation, unable to find out were that is saved though.
Thanks for your reply
HP Recommended

Hi @evans89lfc,

I am glad it has passed the diagnostics.  I believe you so there is no need to post the results for that.

If you check your event log you maybe able to locate the error and get the information.

Here is a link  How to Find Out Why Your Windows PC Crashed or Froze (from How-/to Geek) that may help you locate the required  information.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.