Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 350 G2 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP 350 G2 Notebook and I'm on Windows 7 64 bit.. I can't get the download for the PCI simple communications controller, I tried many ways and it disappeared but another problem showed up which is Intel management engine interface.. Please help me.

Thanks..

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you very much but it didn't work.. It says :

windows cannot initialize the device driver for this hardware. (code 37)

HP Recommended

Hi:

Use the driver from the 450 G2...

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69938.exe

HP Recommended

I can locate an HP 350 the G2 but ...  

Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver - Drivers

ftp://ftp.hp.com/%2F/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70232.html

HARDWARE PRODUCT MODEL(S):
HP 340 G2 Notebook PC
HP 350 G2 Notebook PC

OPERATING SYSTEM(S):
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Basic 64 Edition
Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit Professional

HP Recommended

Thanks a lot.. I've tried both downloads before but it didn't work also

HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Hi:

Please post the hardware ID for the PCI simple communications controller, because I am pretty sure one of those drivers we posted for you should have worked.

To find the hardware ID, go to the device manager and click on the PCI Simple Communications Controller.

Then click on the Details tab at the top of the PCI Simple Communications Controller window.

Now you should see a Property drop down list and it will be set to Device Description.

Drop down on that list and select the 2nd item (Hardware ID's).

Post the top string of characters that you see in the window.

HP Recommended

The PCI simple communications controller disappeared and got replaced by Intel Management Engine Interface but it's not identified either.. Here's what you told me to post but it's for Intel management engine interface :

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA&SUBSYS_803B103C&REV_03

I really appreciate what you're doing for me.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you now see the Intel Management Engine interface device, and there is no ! mark next to it, then the driver has been successfully installed.

I downloaded and explored the driver file that Terminator posted (sp70232).

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp70001-70500/sp70232.exe

It definitely contains driver support for the hardware ID you posted.  Here is a copy and paste of the driver setup information file.

[Intel.ntamd64.6.1]
; DisplayName               Section           DeviceId
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1DBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8D3A
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI_x64, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_8CBA

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.