Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Brilliant!!! worked perfect for me, saved me £65!!! thankyou!!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same laptop, with the same problem. Im trying to figure it out now, reading through posts, tryin some of the things that work for other ppl.

HP Recommended

Re: Pavilion Dv7, ( Plugged in, Charging ) but battery not charging

HP Recommended

Hello wilt,

I see that you are having a problem with the battery on your HP computer. I would like to help with this issue but I need some information.

Can you provide the full model and product number of the computer? Here is a link that shows how to find that information.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

HP Recommended

Hey having this issue. Tried a bunch of things and it's still not working. Tried 2 batteries and 2 chargers. I have an HP Pavilion G6 PN:B3P86UA. This just started during Finals week and is causing me LOTS of problems. SO annoyed with this HP. Please help ASAP!

HP Recommended

Hello cdhpineapple,

Please take a look at this document, and let me know if the troubleshooting steps help resolve your issue.

Good luck!

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓
HP Recommended

Hi guys...I find myself here because I have the same issue now. I updated the BIOS about a month ago and I really can not remember how long after the update the problem surfaced. I have followed many threads, but everything checks out fine with all the test/options/Device Manager/Support Assistant programs/procedures on my computer..no bad battery, new power adapter sent from HP. Computer works fine connected to A/C power, with bright LED indicating power, and obviously the computer works fine with no battery installed. To sum it up... I have a constant uncharging battery, amber light on computer indicating charging. Will not charge shut down or powered up. I can unplug the adapter, plug it back in, the LED changes from bright initial to amber...the icon for the battery will show a reciprocating bar indicating a charging condition, and after 20/30 seconds the icon becomes static, hover the mouse over the icon show the % of charge and will not move a1% up or down, no matter how long the computer stays plugged in. The icon states "xx% available, (pluged in and charging)" If I constantly unplug, plug in the adapter I can in fact charge the battery a % or so, but obviously, this is not the preferred method!

Dv7-6b75nr model

HP Recommended

How were you able to do update the ?

HP Recommended
how did you update the bios?
HP Recommended

...go to web page for computer software updates....download and follow install instructions!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.