Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Yes, and he mentioned doing that, but that only helps one small facet of the problem: the sleep/hibernation issue with Win8/10 remains.

It's very likely going to require a firmware update, but if it hasn't happened in this many years, it's not going to.

HP Recommended

Previously, when my laptop was shutdown, when I start it back up it would BSOD with the unhandled store exception error.  Disabling fast boot in power options fixed the shutdown problem, but still issues with sleep mode.

HP Recommended

It appears that Windows 10 has ruined my computer. It first failed and wouldn't start saying information was missing to do so (don't remember the wording). Ended up having to go back to factory settings. Lost everything, but fortunately I had saved to disk info when upgrading to 10. 

Now it looks like the hard disk is going. My computer is 3 years old and I am not a happy camper at the moment.

HP Recommended

On the off-off-off chance that the next milestone build of Windows 10 (10586, called Threshold 2, or TH2) will fix the CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED problem, it's available now to Windows Insiders and is strongly rumored to be pushed out to all Windows 10 users sometime next week (it'll be sometime this month in any case).

I won't be able to try it until it's pushed out to non-Insiders, but I'll check in when I have any results. Meanwhile, if there are any running the latest Insider build on the AMD G6, I'd love to hear your results.

HP Recommended

bjf2000

If you want to converse with other Windows Insiders, the community Win10 Forum, Insiders section, is the place to go: http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Yes, but that won't help much since those with G6's are concentrated here.

Anyway, the build is only days away from going out to everyone.

HP Recommended

For anyone with *8.1* who has the problem, give this new hotfix a try. I have 10 so am unable to try it.

Computer crashes or restarts unexpectedly when it's resumed from sleep mode in Windows:

https://support2.microsoft.com/kb/3102242

HP Recommended

Finally got my hands on this laptop again so that I could try a couple things that I mentioned up the thread.

1) Changing the disk controller to Standard SATA AHCI did not make a difference.

2) Upgrading to 10586.3 (Threshold 2) did not make a difference, which was really disappointing.

So, I think we're back to hoping for either a BIOS update that will never come or an explicit hotfix like can be seen in the previous post for Win81 (though that particular hotfix may be for a different kind of resume-from-sleep issue).

HP Recommended

Thanks for the update.  Won't be recommending HP laptops to anybody else after this. 😕

Still hoping for a fix of course.

HP Recommended

I registered on this forum just because of this problem. I've spent the last few days trying to diagnose this with no luck. Tried everything from a clean restore, to trying different drivers, etc.... no luck with Windows 10 x64.

Anyone have any updates on this problem? Very dissapointing that HP's Windows 10 support on a <5 year old laptop is so poor. 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.