Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc Watch this video. It explains how the fault lies with the maufacturing of the machine and not the software it uses. The connector between the motherboard and webcam has come loose and needs pushing back together. It's real simple to do and is garuanteed to work. 🙂

HP Recommended

my webcam inbuilt is not working

HP Recommended

my webcam not working

HP Recommended
On my DV7T, I disabled and re-enabled the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller and the webcam was then visible and enabled.
HP Recommended

need help please!!

HP Recommended

Hello everyone,

For those of you who are experiencing webcam and/or True Vision issues, I'm here to help. To begin, please try all of the solutions in one of these documents, depending on your operating system:

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 7)

Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 😎

Those documents cover the basics. If you cannot resolve the issue with these steps, then you should check out this thread for additional suggestions: HP True Vision HD cam is not working

That's all I can suggest. Let me know what happens. Thanks!

Mario

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

I didn't find solution I figured out on my own for my PC in your troubleshooting pages.

A couple of times a month when I power on my PC in  the morning, the webcam is not available. It does not show in Device Manager.

This is always the cause and solution:

In Device Manager, the Intel(R) 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D shows Device Status of "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)".

Disabling and Enabling the USB Enhanced Host Controller device in Device Manager always solves the problem.

Windows 8.1

System SKU: B6B77AV
Computer: DV7T-7200

Processor: i7-3820QM

BIOS Version Insyde F.29, 10/3/2013

SMBIOS Version 2.7

Embedded Controller version 52.24

HP Recommended

Hi,

Had the same problem just today and maybe found a solution for you as well. It appears that its the connector for the mic and cam that is the problem.

Here is the link to the youtube video which fixed my problem https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKGz4lvYnhc.

Hope you solved it.

HP Recommended

A lot of complicated solutions to  common problem. But HP, on its website says:

"The notebook PC webcam may intermittently stop responding when the notebook PC resumes from Hibernation/Standby Mode. This happens because all video-intensive programs tend to become unstable after a power state change."

I found that some Dells reportt he same problem. So before you start tearing your laptop up, see if the problem ist here when you first boot up your laptop.

HP Recommended

Well its kind of sad that you even paid for Geek squad being that those guys are nothing short of morons had one that when i bought a HP laptop that wouldnt boot up in after the first week told me if you purchased the support plan we could have fixed it for you I said I dont want it fixed i want it refunded being that its a defective unit they said we cant do that if it worked the first time its not refundable after talking to the manager they agreed to refund me the money for the laptop. The guy i spoke to didnt even know where the power button was some certified person he is must have got his certification from a cracker jack box.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.