Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

My hp Pavilion dv7 won't boot after 30sec, what can i do?

HP Recommended

is there anything else  this can be, or is there anything else i can try please?

thanks

HP Recommended

Hello joanskt

As I understand your HP Pavilion dv7 will not boot up? If this is the case I am providing you with a link to an HP Support document titled "Computer Does no Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)" below. I would recommend that you follow the document and isolate the issue that is causing your computer not to boot up.

Computer Does no Start (Windows 7, Vista, XP)

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01443371

Thank you for posting on the HP Forums and if you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to re-post. Have a great day!

Please click the "Thumbs Up" on the bottom right of this post to say thank you if you appreciate the support I provide!

Also be sure to mark my post as “Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others who face the same challenge find the same solution.

Dunidar
I work on behalf of HP

Find out a bit more about me by checking out my profile!

"Customers don’t expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong." ~ Donald Porter
HP Recommended

Hi everyone. I bought a used laptop DV7 3036ez with a burned MB. I was change the MB with new one and i get the message wit 2 leds, bios failure. So i was readed all forums and found that the problem may be in the processor ang a was change processor with new one, but problem is still here. And other very important thing is that i don't have an original AC Adapter for this laptop, i have some compatible peace. When i put in the power electrisity and in the laptop power cord the battery led dont blinks, computer starts but no screen and the caps lock an num lock blinks twice. it is posible that tha main problem is AC Adapter???

Thank you

HP Recommended

Hi AleksVeleski,

I understand you have replaced the motherboard on your DV7 3036ez and now it will not power on. Make sure the ac adapter is a 60watt. If you follow this document on how to check.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00363266

If all is OK with the ac adapter, you could follow this document on troubleshooting led errors.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I was try with a new one ac adapter which is 100% funcional and the same led blinking. I`m geting the erorr code with 2 simultaniously blinks which means bios failute. What may it be a problem? is it posible that the gpu is overheated? Motherboard is new...

HP Recommended

Hi AleksVeleski,

If you follow this document it will show you how to reload the BIOS default settings.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph07110

Let me know how this goes.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I understand thi but on my laptop screen don't go on and nothin on it. Just black screen and leds blink twice everytime and nothin else.

HP Recommended

Hi AleksVeleski,

1. Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
  2. Turn on the computer and immediately press the F10 key repeatedly until a BIOS Setup screen opens.
    If nothing happens, press the F1 key repeatedly.
  3. Go to the screen that says Use one of the following sections to reload the factory BIOS settings to the default setup

Thanks

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

I do this and nothing. It doesn't help. Monitor doesn't turn on, leds blinks and nothing. I was presing f10 and f1, separated normaly, a hungred of times.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.