Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi all,

I've been fixing a laptop touch screen for a customer this past week, and I managed to get the exact same glass replacement which is the official Hewlett - Packard glass for the screen and installed nicely into the casing (bar the minor scuffs around the bezel lip)..

And it works, although the image is the revese or mirror of it when u touch it now, so touch on the left and it does it on the right.

The digitizer is the same! I never replaced or changed the digitizer and i can only put it down to that being faulty or a driver

Ive tried updating drivers which it gives me only the 2006 HID compliant driver which is like 10 years out of date.. This is via the Microsoft Update option. Are there any upto date drivers on this site as im not seeing any??

i mean an 11 year old touch screen driver is a little bit out dated when running a main part of a very expensive laptop, dont you think?!?

I have scoured high and low , asked everyone i know, collegues and friends around the world and even the company that sold me the glass told me to contact HP and they will sort it for me. I'm finding this not to be the case..

Can anyone shed some light on how I can get it to work as my client is getting a little bit upset with the fact i fixed his laptop but now the screen works in reverse. lol, has to be the most bizarre and stupid thing i've come across and ive been a technician for around 10 years..

so please , please, please someone point me in the right direction. I have honestly tried everything the internet has had to offer as a problem solver and as a result, im just risking taking out the screen for the umpteenth time and breaking the £100 piece of glass i bought.

thanks

Jim

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just to add..... Ive also updated the F.44 Bios and that didnt change a thing either.

Now then, Im guessing that where the digitizer is connected it's doing something odd OR..... i have put the cable in the wrong way around which seem's nigh on impossible as the connector on the micro ribbon (which looks like a 4 band/Pin micro ribbon cable) will not connect that way up or at least the pins don't look like they do on the digitizer.

If it is possible to do this as It does mean Taking apart the screen once more Can Anyone or HP confirm this could be the case and im just being a fool in not realising it was as simple as that... (which is obviously isn't lol)

Im very much at the point of sending this back to the client and telling them to send it back to HP as even at my level of technology savvy-ness this jsut seems ridiculous and I really cant see how or why this would occur. You dont use screens in the USA like we drive our cars in the UK do you? lol

HP Recommended

@skinnyjimmy

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Pavillion X360 computer. I understand that you are getting issues with touch screen and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting. 

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

• Please calibrate the touch display.
  • In Windows, search for and open Tablet PC Settings.
  • Tablet PC Settings window opens. On the Display tab, click Calibrate.
  • Follow the on-screen directions to calibrate your screen.
  • Click Yes when prompted to save calibration data.
  • If the screen is still not calibrated correctly, undo the calibration by clicking Reset on Tablet PC Settings.
  • When prompted, click Yes to allow the Microsoft Digitizer Calibration Tool to make changes to your computer.
  • The Digitizer Calibration Tool window opens to confirm that the calibration data was successfully removed.

Click here and follow the steps for configure the touch display under touch screen responds inaccurately in the document.

Let me know how it goes.

I hope it helps and if you feel I have answered your question and concerns,

Please mark this post as a solution accepted and Kudos would also be appreciated.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply sandytechy20

After 2 weeks of blood sweat and tears, we finally came to a conclusion that the Screen was either faulty or the Digitizer was. BUT, Turns out after emailing the company we bought the screen from there There is 'Type 1' and a 'Type 2' digitizer. We did not realise this. lol
The replacement screen wasn't labeled clearly from where we purchased it from and we ended up with a type 2 and needed a type 1. :Crying:

That was my whole problem with this screen. A new one has been ordered at £94. Yes a £94 mistake!

For anyone else trying to Figure out why there screen is doing the opposite (mirrored) check that your digitizer is the Black one for a type 1 or a Orange/Brown colour for a Type 2.

If this is wrong in the first instance then your screen is not going to respond correctly. Dont waste your time trying the calibration as its pointless, they've made it so you have 2 different screens to just squeeze as much confusion out of a simple thing so we **bleep** up and have to buy 2 screens.. And for anyone trying this you cant just buy a new one and replace it, once you've tried it and take off the old screen, u will understand how f**ked your bezel gets using a heatgun and the digitizer ribbon is about 2 cm long and near on impossible to plug back in..

Hp thanks for your help, I appreciate the reply but If I think most people would have tried the calibration of the screen first, especially when im on about taking the screen apart 20 times and knowing that you've done it right..

You could just state "check is it a type 1 or type 2?". I feel like ive been going around in circles for weeks and trying to calm a very disgruntled client who has needed his Laptop for work for weeks and when this tiny piece of information which is a costly mistake to make just isn't available, makes you wonder who to buy a laptop from next.. God only know the killswitches on your printers are a sure sign to be weary of buying any more.

This isnt a dig at HP im merely stating my experience with so much of the hardware at my feet, not working and faulty (I work in a Computer shop) I find it almost shameful to have to tell people its not the crappy £200 printer they bought which isnt broken from the start and that it's a one off fault but i swear to you I have at least 1 or 2 printers a week (nearly always HP) that wont print black!!!! <----- this is almost 100% the same issue every single time! *kill switch*

HP Recommended

@skinnyjimmy

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.

They will contact you shortly and likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.

Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (such as serial numbers and case details).

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.