Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
pavilion ab029tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All,

I am facing poor performance in WIN 10.below are the stuffs I did to fix it a bit[but still not enough]

1. Initillay I thought it was because of the several Bloatwares in WIN 10 ,hence stopped all backgroud running bloatwares that comes with WIN 10.Even then I faced the lags while opening start menu or notification pop up .
  2. Then I stopped the search and Update services to increase performance still more.But there was still a lag.
  3. Did a performance tool kit scan to get a error telling there is a Excessive paging.Found out that my Antivrus "ESET" was one of the reason for the performance issue too.[Advice me which anti virus will be good in both performance and security]

Please advice how to solve the issue.My system config is listed below

Product name - HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab029tx
Microprocessor - Intel® Core™ i5-5200U with Intel HD Graphics 5500 (2.2 GHz, 3 MB cache, 2 cores)
Memory, standard - 4 GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM (1 x 4 GB)
Video Graphics - NVIDIA GeForce 940M (2 GB DDR3L dedicated)
Hard Drive - 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @BThilak

Welcome to the HP Support forum. Thank you for posting.

ESET products (NOD32 and others) are usually the best when it comes to performance and security. It might be some conflict between ESET and 3rd party app. Windows Defender (built-into Windows) is usually light but not good re. protection.

** Have you tried uninstalling ESET completely ? Do you notice improvement after uninstalling ESET and reboot ?

** Is your Windows fully updated ?

** Can you post again and attach several screenshots (pictures) which show your problems, what you notice and the screens re the excesive paging ?

** Could you give me a log file to see what apps you have on your PC:

Download Autoruns (from Microsoft) from this URL => http://live.sysinternals.com/autoruns.exe

Information about the product => http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902.aspx

- Save the file on your Desktop

- Run Microsoft Autoruns  with Administrator rights (right click -> Run as Administrator).

Agree with the standard license agreement from Microsoft.

- Once Autoruns is started, it will need some seconds (could be a minute) to gather the snapshot, wait for it.

Once it is ready, you will see the word Ready in the lower left side.

• Click on Options

Make sure that only the following are selected:

• Hide Empty Locations
  • Hide Windows Entries

- Click on  Rescan button  or  click on File -> Refresh to rescan the system.

It will need some seconds (could be a minute) to gather the snapshot, wait for it.

Once it is ready, you will see the word Ready in the lower left side.

- Finally, click on File -> Save

Save the snapshot on the desktop in .TXT file

Open the newly created TXT log file.

Mark and Select all of the text (e.g. CTR+A), copy it and

visit http://pastebin.com/  to paste it there

Create new paste and give me the URL to see the log file.

Looking forward to your reply.

Your FEEDBACK is important. Use the interactive buttons below and let me know if the post helps ;
*** HP employee *** I express personal opinion only *** Joined the Community in 2013
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.