Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

@ Snooker and everyone else.

Here are the youtube videos, I started a new thread in Hardware, this one is getting too long.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/dv8-and-HDX-Series-OSD-Pop-Up-Solution/m-p/816295#M51...

HP Recommended

After updating the software, and being initially optimistic, I can report  that the patch update is a failure.  Whoever at HP thought this would work is, well, just plain wrong. The problem is worse than ever.

HP Recommended

hi guys, i found this:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-96360-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...

it's an update for the Quick Launch Buttons Firmware and it says:

" - Fixes an intermittent issue where the capacitive touch button for the wireless LAN inadvertently activates. - Fixes an intermittent issue where the capacitive bass/treble scroll zone inadvertently adjusts. "

i installed it just now and i will try it for a couple of days to see if it will fix the problem. btw i haven't opened the laptop and done the done the modification, so i'm running on stock laptop :P.

i will post back about the results.

HP Recommended

This is the software patch  that did not work on my computer.

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

The software patch did not work on my DV8 either.

HP Recommended

@berkley84 wrote:

I started this post, I sent mine back a few months ago and have had no problems since.  I'm still bracing myself for the problem to occur again and rarely touch my treble/bass control, but as of yet, no problems.  I will keep you updated.

Hi there - thanks for your posts on this issue. Did the WiFi problem ever come back? By any chance have you opened up the computer to see if HP installed a fix similar to what is described in HaggisCat's videos? pls ref  http://t.co/rEC6M43K  THANKS!!

HP Recommended

Well, after I sent my computer back I went for about a half a year without having the problem, then around May it started happening again.  I sent it back one more time and it came back fixed once again.  Then just at the end of August the treble/bass bar popped up and the internet started toggling uncontrollably.  My computer is no longer under warranty so I was getting ready to open it up and try HaggisCat's fix, but then, magically, the problem seems to be gone once again. 

I have not opened the computer yet, so I don't know if that's what HP did, but I think it's safe to say that they didn't.  I'm sure that the problem is going to happen again on my laptop, I just don't have the time to fix it right now, and it has been almost a month since the issue occurred.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply,

But when they 'fix' it under the warranty and the fix does not work, surely they are obliged to honor original warranty claim that you made? Have you asked them?

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.