Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

NOT WITH A NEW STORY ALL AS EXPEXTED RUBBISH ......I HAVE BEEN PROMOTING HP AND COMPAQ TO ALL MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS UNTILL I HAVE COME ACROSS WITH THIS ANNOYING MACHINE AND YET HP IS FAILED TO ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR THIS TECHNICLE FAILURE.....HOWEVER I THINK AS SOME ONE HAS SAID EARLIER ON ABOVE POST THAT IF YOU GO ON MSCONFIG AND TRY AND DISABLED OR UNCHECK THE HP TONE CONTROL....THAT WILL COMPLETELY DISENGAGED THE BUTTON OF BASS/TREBBLE AND THATMIGHT BE HELP FULL.....ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO REALLY DONT WANNA WASTE THIER TIME ON THE PHONE .......! REGARDS

HP Recommended
Thanks but that is a workaround or the tone control only. Many people also have Wifi switching on and off by itself, and there is no workaround for that apart from dismantling the pc to install mods that will void your warranty. (That is perfectly fine if you are already out of warranty by the way). My two cents: If you give up and don't exercise your consumer rights to get all the features you paid for you are just enabling (encouraging, even) their bad behavior. Regards,
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem The Treble/Bass bar comes on and flashes and occassionally shuts off the wi-fi

HP Recommended
HP Recommended
hi .....since i have posted my last msg ......I have been having this problem so much ....but than appearantly i decided to restore my system to 1-2 months previous dates and trust me ..it is not a joke...my system never gave me any porblem neither from bass/treble nor from wifi side......its been a month .....oh yeah one more thing i did enable all the applications after restoring the system which some of them i disbaled while using the system.....! try that out.,,,!
HP Recommended

Guys..

I've noticed that most of the time, when the wireless turns off, the computer hangs for a second and the cooler accelerates to the top and comes back to normal..

What is it?
There's a post somewhere in this thread where a guy reports the same symptom...

HP Recommended

I tried contacting HP and they immediately blew me off even though the laptop was less than a month out of warranty and I'm a long time customer. They obviously have a problem that they aren't going to fix. {Content Removed: legal discussion}

HP Recommended

My DV8 is working again. I followed the videos, make the repair with the 1/2 copper tape, and Kaptans tape. Thank you Haggis Cat

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware/dv8-and-HDX-Series-OSD-Pop-Up-Solution/td-p/816295

HP Recommended

Hi, I like many others have been having this problem consistently (wireless, i turned off tone control). However, the issue that complicates it for me is that I have had to send my laptop in to HP 3 times and bought a longer warranty, because my dv8 has had issues with random crashes. Anyways, what I want to know, is there any way to fix, or even work around the wireless without voiding the warranty. I've tried everything that HP has told me and they even replaced the touch bar the last time it was sent in for the other problem. Thanks.

By the way, I would have just gotten a different computer when these issues started popping up, but at the time, I thought it was a good enough computer and would be fixed the first time of the crashing issue, so i got the warranty, and now I don't want to give up before the warranty expires.

HP Recommended
My laptop was replaced 3 times for various issues, then the tone control and wifi issues started. Not wanting to void my warranty, I sent mine (my 3rd replacement laptop) for repair for the wifi issue and when it came back the tone control didn't work and the mute indicator did not light. I had to send it in again - complete amateur hour!!! HP used to be the Rolls Royce but that is ancient history - now they are the Skoda. I have warned all of my Facebook and google+ friends, and have asked them all to pass it on. It seems like we cannot get satisfaction from HP, we can only hope that we can prevent anybody we know from going through this kind of HP nightmare.

You should send it in for repair again - at least that will cost them money and at some point it might get the attention of some higher-up who will have an epiphany.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.