Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I have a HP Envy running windows 10 1607 and when I go to install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver (ver.15.2.0.1020), the icon no longer appears in the system tray. The program is listed in Programs and Features, and when I manually open the user interface under the Intel program files and look at the settings, the "Show Icon in tray" is selected.

Also, in the previous version of the driver, the program was loaded at startup and had an entry in the startup log. There is no such entry in this new driver version. And when I install the new driver, there is no confirmation screen of anything after selecting the install button...only a window that flashes so fast you can't see what it says, and then nothing. I reboot and nothing seems to change. It's not acting like a normal driver installation package.

I know about rolling back or using a previous driver, however, but this is the HP driver for the 1607 version of Win10, which I have. Also, everything worked fine with the previous driver, no problems, and I HAVE updated the BIOS to the latest version.

Anyone else having this issue? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PadreDePerritos

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you are receiving a message "operating system was not found".

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c03754824

(Do not share any personal information such as serial number, email ID, phone number or address on a public forum for your safety). 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

What do you mean by this statement - "...but this is the HP driver for the 1607 version of Win10, which I have"? does this mean the driver you are attempting to download is already installed?

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.