Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-n032so

I bought a hp pavilion 15-n032so for my son (who at the time was 14) in 2014, and just after a year it was so full of malware and viruses and god knows what, that he just put it down and bought a new one. Last week I picked it up again - I thought I could use it as a media player in the living room. But it was impossible to sort of clean it up or even make it act like it is supposed to do. So, I decided to format the hard drive and reinstall it with windows 7. But that seems impossible too. I get this message:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a drive floppy disk, cd, dvd or usb flash drive please inset it now." 

And there is no way around it. Anyone know whats happening and what to do? I read somwhere that this laptop was made just for windows 8, is that true?

Thx

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in the  reinstalling windows on hp pavilion 15-n032so:

Have something wrong with your Windows 8 system on HP laptop, you can restore it to the factory mode; Restore Windows 8 to early backup point; Reinstall Windows 8 system; Take your laptop to repair shop for repair;

Reinstall Windows 8 on HP laptop with a USB is very easy nowadays:

1. Create a Windows 8 USB installation disk with a Windows 8 USB install tool - Finalbooster

2. Set HP laptop to boot from the Windows 8 USB disk

3. Get to the Windows 8 installation program

Nitin  singh guleria

HP Recommended

Yeah, I forgot to say that it was initially installed with windows 8 - preinstalled. So, we don’t have any windows 8 dvds and, my son never made a recovery disk. I do have a Windows 7 dvd.

And thx for fast answer Nitin!

And, I’m not a big fan of win 8. Is it possible to install win 7 or even win 10?

Thx

HP Recommended

Yes you can insatlll the windows 10 or windows 7 as per your request:

Nitin singh guleria

HP Recommended

But what do you think is happening with my atemt on installing win 7, where i get the message: 

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a drive floppy disk, cd, dvd or usb flash drive please inset it now." ?

HP Recommended

Hi, @punk73 :

In order to install W7 on your notebook, you need to change a BIOS setting to disable secure boot.

W7 is not compatible with secure boot.

See this guide for how to change the setting.

http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054/

Also, if you are installing W7 from a USB flash drive, you must insert the drive into the notebook's USB 2 port.

It will not work from a USB3 port.

HP Recommended

Thx, but that just don`t work. Thats when the message come up!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.