cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
punk73
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Problems with reinstalling windows on hp pavilion 15-n032so

HP Recommended
hp pavilion 15-n032so

I bought a hp pavilion 15-n032so for my son (who at the time was 14) in 2014, and just after a year it was so full of malware and viruses and god knows what, that he just put it down and bought a new one. Last week I picked it up again - I thought I could use it as a media player in the living room. But it was impossible to sort of clean it up or even make it act like it is supposed to do. So, I decided to format the hard drive and reinstall it with windows 7. But that seems impossible too. I get this message:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a drive floppy disk, cd, dvd or usb flash drive please inset it now." 

And there is no way around it. Anyone know whats happening and what to do? I read somwhere that this laptop was made just for windows 8, is that true?

Thx

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
Guleria_123
Level 4
161 160 7 9
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As we have properly understood your issue you are facing issue in the  reinstalling windows on hp pavilion 15-n032so:

Have something wrong with your Windows 8 system on HP laptop, you can restore it to the factory mode; Restore Windows 8 to early backup point; Reinstall Windows 8 system; Take your laptop to repair shop for repair;

Reinstall Windows 8 on HP laptop with a USB is very easy nowadays:

1. Create a Windows 8 USB installation disk with a Windows 8 USB install tool - Finalbooster

2. Set HP laptop to boot from the Windows 8 USB disk

3. Get to the Windows 8 installation program

Nitin  singh guleria

0 Kudos
punk73
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yeah, I forgot to say that it was initially installed with windows 8 - preinstalled. So, we don’t have any windows 8 dvds and, my son never made a recovery disk. I do have a Windows 7 dvd.

And thx for fast answer Nitin!

And, I’m not a big fan of win 8. Is it possible to install win 7 or even win 10?

Thx

0 Kudos
Guleria_123
Level 4
161 160 7 9
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes you can insatlll the windows 10 or windows 7 as per your request:

Nitin singh guleria

0 Kudos
punk73
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

But what do you think is happening with my atemt on installing win 7, where i get the message: 

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a drive floppy disk, cd, dvd or usb flash drive please inset it now." ?

0 Kudos
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
129,293 119,470 19,521 29,830
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, @punk73 :

In order to install W7 on your notebook, you need to change a BIOS setting to disable secure boot.

W7 is not compatible with secure boot.

See this guide for how to change the setting.

http://www.support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03736054/

Also, if you are installing W7 from a USB flash drive, you must insert the drive into the notebook's USB 2 port.

It will not work from a USB3 port.

0 Kudos
punk73
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thx, but that just don`t work. Thats when the message come up!

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation