Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I recently bought a probook 450 g3 and want to try and change the backlit keyboard duration settings. ive tried finding the settings in teh bios and operating system with no luck. ive also found some drivers for it but none of the drivers are compatible with windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Eric

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Eric121 wrote:

Hi,

I recently bought a probook 450 g3 and want to try and change the backlit keyboard duration settings. ive tried finding the settings in teh bios and operating system with no luck. ive also found some drivers for it but none of the drivers are compatible with windows 10. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Eric

You only have this option is the board has it built in or change the board to a compatible version board that has this feature. So you have to look at the Service manual to verify if yours has this option or not.

-------- Looking for HP driver support When Windows 10 O/S isn't Supported ------
Windows 10 drivers may be available through Windows Update

Click 'Learn More' below for steps on using Windows Update to determine what drivers might be available for your product. Please be aware that HP does not guarantee Windows 10 drivers will be available from Windows Update.
Learn more
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- This is a HP USER community forum.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
BTW, Millions of folks have gone back from Win10 to their prior O/S -- something you don't hear about from MS. by WAWood but ALL to TRUE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Those that want HD Gaming should plan to invest in a Gaming Laptop to handle those requirements. Eamples GTA V or Crysis 3.
HP Recommended

@Eric121

HP ProBook 450 G3 Notebook PC - Remove/Replace videos

http://h20464.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=7834555&MEID=9A46722E-8743-4B24-A407-EC5BCB0254FA

Run the KEYBOARD video.

Then check to see if your motherboard has the ZIF connector for the backlit keyboard.

This way we will know for sure that you can install a backlit keyboard.

Then we can help you find the exact part number you will need.

REO

HP Recommended

Just to clarify, I already have a backlit keyboard installed. What I want to change is the duration for which the keys stay lit. When i wiggle the mouse or type, the keyboard illuminates. If I stop, the backlight will turn off after 5-10 seconds. I am wondering how to increase this duration to minutes or even to never stop illuminating.

HP Recommended

@Eric121

Sorry about my misinformation.

I just ran your BIOS simulator and in the Built-in Device Configuration there was no option to set the TIMEOUT???

But in the BIOS Setup manual for this model it has.

HP PC BIOS F10 Setup Guide Document Version 1.01 For Business Notebook and Desktop Models, N Family...

450g3.JPG

For this model it has this.

HP Business Notebook and Desktop PC F10 setup overview Technical White Paper Technical white paper

Backlit Keyboard Timeout

Specifies the timeout period for the keyboard’s backlit LEDs

15 seconds

And does not seem to be the option to change it???

What is the 4th number of your serial number??? "It will tell me the year it was manufactured."

Sorry for any confusion.

REO

HP Recommended

The 4th number is a 5. First 4 are 5CD5. Im assuming that means 2015.

HP Recommended

I still havent found a way. Im assuming that the BIOS was swithced and is not possible for this specific laptop?

HP Recommended

Hi , I also have hp probook 450 G3 laptop. I wanted to ask can I change the leyboeard to a backlight keyboard? is it a original product by hp? and how much does it costs? 

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.