Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy M4 1115dx
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I just finished replacing my old HD with a new Seagate SSHD. All went well until  I tried to connect to the internet wirelessly with in wifi mode. I figure it was a driver error since I just did a virgin installation of Windows 8 on my new SSHD (Solid state hybrid drive). So I went on to find the Driver for the WLAN Module

Hp automatically detected my notebook model number and provided me with a list of drivers. I selected "Qualcomm Atheros QCA90000 Series Wireless LAN Driver for Microsoft Windows" under the Driver-Network drop down menu. 

In the middle of the installation of this driver, I was stopped and encountered a error message titled, "802.11a/b/g/n Wireless Adapter Device Not Found". Right below this title was a large red circle with a white X sign. Next to this it stated, "The Device may not be present or could have been ejected unplugged from the system. Abortieng the install, please insert the card and try the installer again." 

Attached below is a screen shot of what I am talking about. 

Qualcomm Atheros Driver Issue.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem solved. I uninstalled all drivers but the Ralink. In think I know what may have caused this.

The driver recommended for the WLAN was based on a misinterpretation on HP's behalf. HP auto detected my notebook model as a 1150la instead of the 1115dx.

I'm not sure why HP thinks my model is another one but it may have something to do with the SSHD and thermal fan replacement that I made prior to this WiFi error.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, your machine uses "Ralink RT5390R 802.11bgn 1x1 Wi-Fi adapter" as shown:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=D1D58UA

HP is in the process to reorganize support pages therefore all links are going to a dead end. Please wait for few hours.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Problem solved. I uninstalled all drivers but the Ralink. In think I know what may have caused this.

The driver recommended for the WLAN was based on a misinterpretation on HP's behalf. HP auto detected my notebook model as a 1150la instead of the 1115dx.

I'm not sure why HP thinks my model is another one but it may have something to do with the SSHD and thermal fan replacement that I made prior to this WiFi error.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.